By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create

Devil_Survivor said:
Still, you think it be on the chart as it was even last week. Most people would rather buy a 3DS in Japan, why buy an old console when the new one plays all the games from that console and more.

I don't know what the reason but old consoles continue to sell... PS2 is selling, DS is selling (look at US)... if Master System is manufactured and selling in Brazil... I can believe any other console can sell yet.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Still, you think it be on the chart as it was even last week. Most people would rather buy a 3DS in Japan, why buy an old console when the new one plays all the games from that console and more.

I don't know what the reason but old consoles continue to sell... PS2 is selling, DS is selling (look at US)... if Master System is manufactured and selling in Brazil... I can believe any other console can sell yet.

its something to behold that these enduring classic systems keep selling in other markerts outside Japan, NA, and Europe. Its a testament to the amazing games on those systems. I never had a Master system as a kid, but now I'm going through the various games by playing on emulators and buying them on PSN and VC.

outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
Vita has its first pre holiday anniversary. Sales down over 70% and only one title in the top 30.

Wow.

How is that surprising? Its Japanese support is virtually non-existant. PSP is the one getting all that Japanese love.

Where did I say it's surprising. 

The "Wow." at the end implies some sort of shock or surprise.

THIS. At least where I come from which is the United States..

Kenology said:
VGKing said:
ethomaz said:
So One Piece put PSP over 50k units... nice.

It's been a great year for One Piece and Playstation. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't steal this one.

Don't be mad because Capcom chose to develop a sexy new main line Monster Hunter game for the equally sexy 3DS and not the poor Vita.

Nintendo didn't have to steal.  Capcom just came willingly.  ;)

I'm not mad bro, but Sony should be.
Capcom wouldn't do it willingly, Nintendo must be paying them. Maybe there's some form of next-gen timed-exclusive sort of thing? I just don't see why Capcom would willingly abandon a platform or company which made their IP such a phenomenon.

There should have at least been some Monster Hunter port from the PSP for the Vita....what the hell happened? I just don't think Sony will let Nintendo dominate. They have something up their sleeve to save the Vita in Japan.(I'm betting its a Monster Hunter)

ethomaz said:
Devil_Survivor said:

No offense, dude, but it's like I said in one of your other threads.

Brazil is irrelevant. There's the USA ( a county), Japan ( a country), and Europe ( a CONTINENT).

How is a South American country even in the conversation?

No offense...

Around the Network

The DSi / DSi LL are not really sold anywhere over here anymore, which would explain their very low numbers.

VGKing said:

I'm not mad bro, but Sony should be.
Capcom wouldn't do it willingly, Nintendo must be paying them. Maybe there's some form of next-gen timed-exclusive sort of thing? I just don't see why Capcom would willingly abandon a platform or company which made their IP such a phenomenon.

There should have at least been some Monster Hunter port from the PSP for the Vita....what the hell happened? I just don't think Sony will let Nintendo dominate. They have something up their sleeve to save the Vita in Japan.(I'm betting its a Monster Hunter)

Nah, Nintendo just gave them an outlet to allow MH to become big in Japan by handling the marketing.  That seems to be their agreement.  It just looks like Capcom bet on the right horse when it came to deciding whether to bring the game to 3DS or Vita.

But, glad you're not losing hope!

VGKing said:
outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
Vita has its first pre holiday anniversary. Sales down over 70% and only one title in the top 30.

Wow.

How is that surprising? Its Japanese support is virtually non-existant. PSP is the one getting all that Japanese love.

No, for any reasonable person (even in the United States), "Wow" could also be used to express disbelief at some unusual or extreme occurrence.   This is an emotion that is separate from our rational ability to make predictions.  It's not surprising or shocking when an aurora appears after a large solar flare: but if I see one I'll still say "Wow".  Just because I understand the cause doesn't mean I can't be amazed to witness it.

jonnybmk said:

No offense, dude, but it's like I said in one of your other threads.

Brazil is irrelevant. There's the USA ( a county), Japan ( a country), and Europe ( a CONTINENT).

How is a South American country even in the conversation?

No offense...

The rate of growth in Brazil is impressive. It's a sign that the country will be relevant soon, so whichever companies gain the most brand recognition in Brazil in the next couple of years will have a huge advantage.

Brazil also has a significantly larger population than Japan.

VGKing said:

ICapcom wouldn't do it willingly, Nintendo must be paying them. Maybe there's some form of next-gen timed-exclusive sort of thing? I just don't see why Capcom would willingly abandon a platform or company which made their IP such a phenomenon.

Nintendo does not pay for exclusives. They have stated multiple times that they are strongly against that as a business practice. They instead make "deals" with third parties that are advantageous for both companies, including allowing third parties to use their IP in exchange for exclusive games.

That is not the case with Monster Hunter. Capcom recognized that the 3DS was more of a sure-fire success than the Vita. They probably opted to 'wait and see' with the Vita, and now see that making a Monster Hunter title for the platform would not be financially beneficial to them. They chose the console with the (much) larger install base, so they can sell their games to a larger pool of customers.

ebw said:
VGKing said:
outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:

Wow.

No, for any reasonable person (even in the United States), "Wow" could also be used to express disbelief at some unusual or extreme occurrence.   This is an emotion that is separate from our rational ability to make predictions.  It's not surprising or shocking when an aurora appears after a large solar flare: but if I see one I'll still say "Wow".  Just because I understand the cause doesn't mean I can't be amazed to witness it.

Kowenicki writes the same thing every week in Media create threads:

"Wow at Vita. Terrible/horrendous/destroyed by 3ds" or anything along those lines. We've discussed it before and he suggested that he likes pointing out the obvious. At least once every week.