By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White ps3 for NA?

I'm not so big on the white PS3, but if the DS3 comes in white as an accessory, I might get that for something a bit different from the traditional black to brighten up my gaming area a bit. (the lighting sucks, I need some lamps in there).

Around the Network
libellule said:
it is why a price cut WITHOUT BIG Game is stupid

at least, when they introduced the 40gb, we were near Xmas and the PS3 was in bad momentum (NA sales low, Xbox360 PAL sales high du to price cut+halo) :
it ws needed

Who knows what’s going on. There is a chance that MG will come out in March, or Home will come out with the new Console. They could also lower the price around the release of GTA. It could be any number of reasons, but I am sure when Sony does it, it will be accompanied with something that generates hype.

StarcraftManiac said:
super_etecoon said:
StarcraftManiac said:
super_etecoon said:
leo-j said:
This is the end.

of what? And don't go running into your corner like you always do. Explain yourself.

299$ comes pretty close to mass-market appeal for something that has a Blu-ray player built in it...

Unless the customers are making a coup against blu-Ray. Don't underestimate the power of the consumer to resist an unneccesary format change. But I was really hoping leo-J would clarify exactly what is at an end. Just to get it on the books. Even Nostradamus needed a scribe.

Why would people buy Hd-dvd en-mass if Blu-ray has the most shelf space and the most movies coming out for it?...

And, don't get to that 'Dvd is the true winner' point... That's just bullshit, just wait 2 years and you'll see that most likely Blu-ray has reached mass-market penetration. That's just a given because people want  to move forward and not stay with one format. Same with LP's - CD's or VHS - DVD's... It takes a while but eventually it WILL happen. And the one with the most support wins. (Blu-ray this time)...

Personally, I have 100 movies in VHS and 100 in DVD, like hell I'm going to add another format.  I'll stick to my VHS/DVD player and eventually may goto Apple TV or the like.  Might as well rent as whatever format you buy it on will just become obsolete in 10 years anyway.

Gamerace said:

Personally, I have 100 movies in VHS and 100 in DVD, like hell I'm going to add another format.  I'll stick to my VHS/DVD player and eventually may goto Apple TV or the like.  Might as well rent as whatever format you buy it on will just become obsolete in 10 years anyway.

Why not? If you have a Blu-ray player, you can watch all DVD's and update what you want.

It does not kill your DVD collection. 

OMG I'm gonna cry, this is fricking amazing, well now we won't be hearing M$ fans saying that the PS3 is so expensive.

Around the Network
MrMafoo said:
Gamerace said:

Personally, I have 100 movies in VHS and 100 in DVD, like hell I'm going to add another format. I'll stick to my VHS/DVD player and eventually may goto Apple TV or the like. Might as well rent as whatever format you buy it on will just become obsolete in 10 years anyway.

Why not? If you have a Blu-ray player, you can watch all DVD's and update what you want.

It does not kill your DVD collection.

Yeah...but I don't feel like spending 4 times the amount for a movie.  DVD looks fine on my Plasma and I'm a sucker for 5.99-7.50 DVD sales.

MrMafoo said:
Gamerace said:

It does not kill your DVD collection. 

Of course, and in fact I may get a PS3 at some point, which may make this point mute but I'm not going to get a plain blu-ray player. Since I'm not inclined to get buy all my VHS movies again, nor do I want to throw them away, then I'll still have to have a VHS/DVD player as well as a Blu-ray player (since they're not making Blu-ray/VHS players) and that's just starting to get ridiculous crowded all that under a TV.   Personally, if I get a HD TV, it'll be because of it's size not for HD itself.  So I'm fine with DVDs as long as they continue to sell them.  If and when they don't, I'll goto Apple TV or the like. I'll continue to use my VHS/DVD player until it dies, and then I'll just rent whatever movies I want to watch instead of buying and wonder how long the lastest format will last.

The beginning of sony domination

^_^

I bought the ps3 for 499 and it was worth it. surely i dont care if it lowers its price (is better for others)

^_^

skeezer said:

The beginning of sony domination

I bought the ps3 for 499 and it was worth it. surely i dont care if it lowers its price (is better for others)

fix'd