Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Game Of The Year Awards

Just beat Journey for the second time.

Oh god.. words cannot...

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
tonymarraffa said:
What game won the most awards?

Halo 4, it won 3 awards

And yet didn't win the overall GOTY.  Gaming critics are becoming more like film critics every year...

Halo 4 very well deserved! I think the campain is not as good as the H3 one but multiplayer is amazing!!

Journey won IGNs game of the year, might have 2 download it and have a look.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Well done to Journey. Although I didnt like it, I know folks who do.

Im happy Halo 4 is getting the attention for best graphics pretty much everywhere. And Sound. Best sound ever in a game.

Also Hallalujah. Halo 4 beats out COD BLOPS 2 for Multiplayer. And it deserves to.

Around the Network

Well deserved journey. Such an amazing game

game with highest review score should get game of the year not other way round

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't have believed it! Good job, Journey!!

Hey, my personal game of the year is Dragon's Dogma but congrats to the winners. Great games, all around. I was especially surprised by how much I enjoyed The Walking Dead. I thought it was a buried treasure but I guess every felt like I felt.

ZaneWane said:

While I agree with this somewhat, the reviews are by one single man and the awards are for the whole editorial staff. Therefore it is rather hard unless the score given is like cummulated by each staff member which would mean everyone has to play one game and share thoughts to review it. Bit difficult really and the closest thing to that which we got is called Metacritic or Gamerankings. By looking there, the winner actually was up there in the top so it does make some sense :)

Aldro said:
ZaneWane said:

While I agree with this somewhat, the reviews are by one single man and the awards are for the whole editorial staff. Therefore it is rather hard unless the score given is like cummulated by each staff member which would mean everyone has to play one game and share thoughts to review it. Bit difficult really and the closest thing to that which we got is called Metacritic or Gamerankings. By looking there, the winner actually was up there in the top so it does make some sense :)

ign gave halo 9.8 and journey 9.0