By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - World of Warcraft surpasses 10 million subscribers

question : can you subscribe multiple times on one disc?
or how does it work, i mean the game isn't sold 10 million times right? right?

Around the Network
hoerenkind said:
No you can't, you have to buy the disk for each payed for account. Even if you download the trial you still have to go and buy the disk at the end of it if you want to continue playing, you can't even select to pay the monthly subscription without buying the game even though the full version would already be installed from the trial.

hoerenkind said:

Nope, you can't. One account per disc.

Also, this total doesn't include inactive subscribers -- people who used to play but no longer do -- of whom we can assume there are millions.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

actually the majority of people in china DO NOT own a disc and infact play at a local internet cafe. The just pay a subscription fee (vie top up cards).

However i bet atleast 12-13 million have at one point played the game, and its easily one of the most purchased of all time.

And even in the US/EU you do not have to own a physical copy of the game (you can pay online for a code).

Its hard to keep track of games that have high levels of digital sales such as WoW. however even without digital sales, its probably sold 5 million box units (minimum)

hoerenkind said:

basically 10 million people have currently paid some sort of fee for the game, so you pay as well say 10 million people currently own & play wow....

However, if you include people who no longer play, who knows how many people have paid ! 

Around the Network

Nintendo and Blizzard should team up since they are both very good at making money.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
Nintendo and Blizzard should team up since they are both very good at making money.
 Actually a Pokemon MMO would be the greatest thing of all time...