By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 6 Flop

Well is a mess for a game, so they kinda deserved it.

The game is not as bad as reviews said, but the QTE-fest and the large increase in action made the game to lost its identity. In the end it just felt like a group of gameplay duct-taped together.

Anyway, I would hardly call it a flop since the projections of crapcom tends to be so high (I remember they expected DeadRising 2 Off the record to sell 800k when was the same game as the 2 only with a camera and Frank West)

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network

i guess you can call it a flop of sorts for the list but not many games reach their expectations from what i can see,maybe they do and have very low expectations

anyway £25 in tesco now probably pick it up chrimbo week i bet one of the shops will do it for £20 like hitman was,picking up some good buys for the coming months

Above & Beyond

Just for context, the most this series ever sold was 5.82 million units and that was RE2 on PS1.

Devil_Survivor said:
Just for context, the most this series ever sold was 5.82 million units and that was RE2 on PS1.

we are probably talking crossplat where resi 4 & 5 must have got 8m each

resi 6 would still probably sell 1m on the WiiU if they released it

Above & Beyond

zero129 said:
so over 3 million = flop? xD

No but underperforming and lacking something is

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
Devil_Survivor said:

we are probably talking crossplat where resi 4 & 5 must have got 8m each

resi 6 would still probably sell 1m on the WiiU if they released it

Yeah your right. RE4 with differen versions sold over 6m and RE5 cleared 8m on PS3 and 360, according to the game database. So I would say not a flop, just disppointing.

It's a flop deal with it.

I have 94 hours played already and I'm still not tired of playing it, I love the mercenaries mode and I just can't get enough of it.

I think Resident Evil 6 is almost up there with Vanquish as the best TPS of the generation. I'd pick RE6 over RE5 anytime, RE5 was pretty boring for me. RE6 destroys RE5 in terms of gameplay and it's a huge step forward. They should perfect the gameplay and design the levels to take more advantage of the mechanics and we have a perfect game.

Congrats Capcom for the millions earned from this game, you deserve every cent and more. I really hope you keep going in this direction :)

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

-Dragon's Dogma flopped.

-RE6 Underperformed.

-DmC will flop.

-Negative image.

Very nice Capcom.

Capcom is losing so much of its former glory in videogaming industry. I mainly blame them for their obsession in turning their games into more "west" orientated. They sacrifised their ideas for profit... pretty lame.
Most japanese videogame companies are doing the same, *cough* square-enix...