By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan-only titles worth picking up? PS3, Wii, PSP or NDS

So i'm on holiday in asia and stopped in Hong Kong for a few days to see some friends.. might even go to the Asia Game Show this weekend.
I already gotten myself Gundam Extreme VS for the PS3 and I'm eyeing a copy of Another Century Episode R..

my japanese isn't the best so please don't advice text heavy games..
are there any more games worth picking up? for the PS3, Wii*, PSP or NDS?

*yes my wii is region free.. magic fairies did it.. >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

PSP
Final Fantasy Type-0
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (forgot the japanese name)
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3
Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Remake
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Destiny 2
7th Dragon 2020

PS3
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Xillia 2

Wii
~

NDS
Jump Ultimate Stars
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Hearts
Mother 3 (via B/C)

Edit: I just realized half of the titles are from Tales/Namco, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NAMCO.

"Tales of Xillia" He might aswell wait for the Western release that is soon.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

All the SRW games on PSP and DS are a must if youre a SRPG fan. The new SRW OG 2nd on PS3 is great too.

Also you might want to skip Another Century Episode R, it's garbage compared to the PS2 entries. Though if it's the first ACE you have ever played you might like it. I was going to pick up Gundam VS myself but apparently 'Full Boost' is already out in arcades.

The Asia Game Show might be all about Playstation again

Anyways get monster hunter portable 3 for the psp. Super Robot Wars for the PS3 also just got released.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
The Asia Game Show might be all about Playstation again

Nooooo... the Asia Game Show is about boothgirls who look underaged... yes I need this one to keep my pedobear license...

Around the Network

I'm also noticing that nobody is playing games on a dedicated handheld in the subway anymore.. everything is about the iPhone and Samsung Android phones.. sure have changed since the last time i was here..

BasilZero said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm also noticing that nobody is playing games on a dedicated handheld in the subway anymore.. everything is about the iPhone and Samsung Android phones.. sure have changed since the last time i was here..

People either play dedicated handheld games on the Computer (l0l) or at home.

neh.. in HK it was pretty popular not long ago to have a DS or PSP and playing it while riding the subway.. I remember being surprised at that the last time i was here but now everyone is either watching TV or playing some mmo on their smartphones..

NiKKoM said:

Come o there are still som psps here and their.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

If you like rhythm games I'd suggest the Project Diva games for PSP.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Picked Up a project diva game, another gundam game (unicorn) and ACE:R for cheap.. Don't know which tales of game u should get... There are too many... Does anyone know initial D for the ps3 is any good?

Ow and there is a thin line between spending time at a videogame mall and ending up in the japanese adult video and hentai section., >_>