By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumored 1st party PS4 games

Is Bump in the Night a horror game? Two horror games at launch could be cool.

Around the Network

I'm excited, Sony are in a very strong position for first party next gen. It all depends own the launch price now

Cobretti2 said:
HANG ON A MINUTE.....

I looked at those rumored pictures. Guess that is Killzone 4 stuff. Where is the next gen graphics we been hearing about?

You're joking right?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Cobretti2 said:
HANG ON A MINUTE.....

I looked at those rumored pictures. Guess that is Killzone 4 stuff. Where is the next gen graphics we been hearing about?

You're joking right?

I guess not lol but the pictures are really good and make me remember how many good times I had with this amazing game maybe I will play the multiplayer again this weekend... nostalgia.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Cobretti2 said:
HANG ON A MINUTE.....

You're joking right?

damn you got me lol.

Around the Network

Predictable launch line up, but none the less awesome! All we need now is some 3rd party support

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

dont forget the new ip sony...i know u wont tho :D

A203D said:
Not bad, but they need more than this.

You can't just have these titles, you need more. This is pretty much similar to what Microsoft will have: Forza, Halo and maybe Gears.

If its at all possible I hope they have Legend of Dragoon waiting for a 2014 release. We need games that Microsoft and Nintendo are not doing.

What else could you possibly ask for at launch?  If both Microsoft and sony's launch lineups are correct in these rumors which I doubt they are, that would be incredible.  I could see a few of these games making the launch, but more than likely these will be in the launch window not launch titles.  That is too many big titles to release all at once and it isn't a good strategy to have your 1st parties competing with each other.

JayWood2010 said:
A203D said:

You can't just have these titles, you need more. This is pretty much similar to what Microsoft will have: Forza, Halo and maybe Gears.

If its at all possible I hope they have Legend of Dragoon waiting for a 2014 release. We need games that Microsoft and Nintendo are not doing.

What else could you possibly ask for at launch?  If both Microsoft and sony's launch lineups are correct in these rumors which I doubt they are, that would be incredible.  I could see a few of these games making the launch, but more than likely these will be in the launch window not launch titles.  That is too many big titles to release all at once and it isn't a good strategy to have your 1st parties competing with each other.

I agree its not a good idea to release too many first party titles alongside each other since they will be competing with one another.

But Uncharted, GT and Killzone are not enought to differentiate Sony from what Microsoft will release. Releasing those games is like continuing this console generation on new updated hardware. I think we need more than that. I think they need to have 2 games that are unique to what the PS4 will offer.

Like I mentioned Legend of Dragoon, thats something neither Microsoft or Nintendo will have. Its one of those games that I think if marketed properly could make a difference. Something like Twisted Metal could work as well. The problem with the Twisted Metal they just released is that its way too late in the gen. I think a Twisted Metal as a launch title would be successful.

A203D said:
JayWood2010 said:
A203D said:

I agree its not a good idea to release too many first party titles alongside each other since they will be competing with one another.

But Uncharted, GT and Killzone are not enought to differentiate Sony from what Microsoft will release. Releasing those games is like continuing this console generation on new updated hardware. I think we need more than that. I think they need to have 2 games that are unique to what the PS4 will offer.

Like I mentioned Legend of Dragoon, thats something neither Microsoft or Nintendo will have. Its one of those games that I think if marketed properly could make a difference. Something like Twisted Metal could work as well. The problem with the Twisted Metal they just released is that its way too late in the gen. I think a Twisted Metal as a launch title would be successful.

Legend of Dragoon would be amazing.  I have been wanting them to do that for years! I think you are right, sony's list doesn't have enough new IP's or old IP's that hasn't been made in a long time.  But like MS we don't know what all of there studios are working on at the moment.  Santa Monica is reported to be making a new IP so there is that.  

Twisted Metal is a big no in my honest opinion.  It was popular one PS1 but since then it has went down hill.  It just isn't modern enough anymore.  Unless they changed they gameplay a lot I don't think it will ever be successful again.