By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is This a Parody? California Teachers Union video

edit: the spineless people that made this video edited out the rich pissing on the poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S6ZsXrzF8Cc

surely this must be a parody of what liberals think. This cant be serious can it. i cant believe they would try to indoctrinate kids with mindless drible like this.

and a video debunking all of the asinine points of the california teachers union.

Around the Network

how u imbed!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cwg4DB-EeEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not a parody. Just a simplified, fanciful depiction.

I use to live in an apartment a few miles away until a 20 ton coin crashed through the roof.

Anyway, it is obvious the system is way more complicated than that but a variety of issues tackled in that video are related to the financial issues associated with today.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

killerzX said:
how u imbed!!!

Use the HTML icon in the text editor, insert the HTML code directly in there.

http://youtu.be/cwg4DB-EeEA

Around the Network
killerzX said:
http://youtu.be/cwg4DB-EeEA

Alright, on youtube underneath the video, select share then embed and it will open up some text to copy, but underneath make sure the old embed code is check marked first. then copy and paste into the html window that pops up in the text editor on VGChartz.

As Chark said, it's a simplified, fanciful version so that's it's easier for people (children I imagine) to understand.

It's hard to argue with the fact that the top 5% of the population has 61.9% of the money while the bottom 60% has 4.2%. Of course while more and more of the wealth has shifted upwards over the last 50-60 years tax rates on that money have gone down. Add that to the increase in outsourcing by companies and you have a system where the upper class has more money, pays less in taxes, and invests less in this country. Hence our current state.

With more money ending up in the hands of those with money, because that's how leverage works, there is an imbalance. The biggest problem to arise from that is the wealth involving itself in our governmental process. The lobbying, the super pacs, citizens united are incentivizing further those more capable financially to obtain more money. Instead of creating a system to improve the effectiveness of the wealthy we should increase the ability of those lower down to increase.

Note that our government spends way too much money as is but that doesn't mean there are not worth while programs. Determining which ones are and are not and how efficient they are is what we need to accomplish. Draconian cuts are extremely wasteful and is very much the worst part about the fiscal cliff.

Government should essentially do what the people agree to let them do. Things that could otherwise not be handled in the private sector, and yes that includes environmental and public transport. Loopholes and deductions should be removed as a way to eliminate influences on market behavior while increasing taxes on the highest income earnings or at the very least implement a progressive investment tax instead of a flat rate that encourages the wealthy to forgo traditional income. Investment should be more open to individuals who have little to invest, negligible taxes .to little annual investment income, basically match investments to normal income rates.

Yeah I can only laugh at these 99% arguments. First off, most of what they shout is complete bull. Study economics before you shout your opinion. I will admit however they also have some valid points. Yeah the 1% of America could be "greedy and corrupt," but if that is the case then so are you. As middle class Americans we are the 1% of the world. If you truly believe what you say about wall street and billionaires, then you should be donating thousands of dollars to Africa and third world citizens living on less than a dollar a day.