By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 1 on PS3 has long load times, pop-in and frame rate issues

So, I've bought the game anyway. Again. It's the third platform I'll own it on, and it's certainly the most expensive iteration I've paid for (I spent £4.99 for it on 360, £3.15 on PC). I'll know for myself soon. 4% downloaded...

Around the Network

Been playing it on PS3 for a fair bit now. Odd to see it on the machine after all this time. Anyway, for the peeps sitting on the fence re this game, it's time to get off. The game's fine. It's ME. No better, no worse than what came before. It's a bit better than 360 in some places, a bit worse in others, but a definite 2nd behind PC (which is the best version by some stretch). Indeed, it's a shame some of the upgrades for the PC version weren't integrated here, but, all-in-all, the game is still awesome, and everyone should play it, whether it be on PS3, PC, or 360. Seriously, go buy it already. Mechanically, my favourite of the three ME games by some considerable margin, for all it is the weakest technically, and it also has the strongest plot by far.

This must be the wii u version. The mighty PS3 is too mighty for this sort of stuff.

CGI-Quality said:
BasilZero said:

Tempted to get it...........but again I want it for PC but just dont want to use Origin :(

I dont know, maybe I'll get it for PS3 but the DLCs being apart are a turnoff.

The PC version isn't without faults. I have occassional sound problems in addition to hiccups in frames (though it's usually rock solid 60fps+). However, load times are a non-issue on PC, so I feel for you PS3-only people that can't opt for the superior 360 version.

If you decide to get it for the PS3 you will most probably learn from playing that it is another case of over reaction and the  whole thing has become overblown , notice that no mention is being made of the positives such as no screen tearing also a lot of people have commented on the original article that  the loading is lengthy but not as bad as the 360 version so it seems it's now up to DF .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Hapimeses said:
Been playing it on PS3 for a fair bit now. Odd to see it on the machine after all this time. Anyway, for the peeps sitting on the fence re this game, it's time to get off. The game's fine. It's ME. No better, no worse than what came before. It's a bit better than 360 in some places, a bit worse in others, but a definite 2nd behind PC (which is the best version by some stretch). Indeed, it's a shame some of the upgrades for the PC version weren't integrated here, but, all-in-all, the game is still awesome, and everyone should play it, whether it be on PS3, PC, or 360. Seriously, go buy it already. Mechanically, my favourite of the three ME games by some considerable margin, for all it is the weakest technically, and it also has the strongest plot by far.

Does ME1 come with dlc on PS3?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Hapimeses said:

Does ME1 come with dlc on PS3?

It comes with Bring Down The Sky, but not Pinnacle Station. Its publicly claimed the Pinnacle Station is incompatible with the PS3 port, but I'm sure they'll uncover some miracle later that fixes the code if the game sells well, all in order to rake in a little extra cash. Can't say I'm too bothered by that; Pinnacle Station was a poor DLC that's only use was to provide a few extra fleet points in ME3.

If this were a WiiU port, people would be KILLING it, but since it is Sony, the comments have been far lighter... hmmmmm

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
If this were a WiiU port, people would be KILLING it, but since it is Sony, the comments have been far lighter... hmmmmm

I think the comments are fairer because the game isn't really any worse than the 360 version (better in some areas, worse in others). It's a port, warts and all. There's little to complain about for a port. Of course, we would have preferred an updated version of the game, but that didn't happen.

The game run and play better on PS3... this thread is a joke.

The game have better graphics too... of course not PC level.

Playing it now it runs fine, although i haven't been in any extremely "Busy" areas as of yet, im pleased with my purchase. Looking forward to playing it all.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.