By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - CNN is racist and sexist

Stillwell said:
It's basicly a fact that the more educated you become, the more left oriented you become. Which could lead us to believe that only stupid people are right oriented. Watching something like FOX News underlines this theory. Exciting!

Then why are the poor the largest Democratic voting block?  They are generally poor do to not having a college degree or not being successful enough or being able to hold a job.  Democrats don't even support the poor either, they pretend to by raising minimum wage and stuff but that actually doesn't do anything, it just raises inflation and makes everyone poorer, they just want to win the votes of those uneducated few that allow them to continue to win elections.

Only journalists become more left oriented the more educated they become because their teachers tell them to be that way.

Honestly I find that any adult that is still a liberal to just be someone that never grew up and can't face the realities of life and instead just wants to talk about some impossibility of how everything should be.

PC Gamer
Around the Network
flagship said:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/21/emails.race.gender/index.html

Well apperently you're not the only pissed reader.

It looks like a lot of people either completely failed to understand the story or failed to realize what a big part of this country is really like. For a lot of people, it's a huge symbol of progress that they *can* vote for someone their own race or their own gender. Not everyone can simply jump past that.  CNN is taking a pragmatic look at a culture that you may not be capable of understanding simply because you lack the experience to understand it.

As good as things sound -- more equality in candidates -- these issues *will* be significant issues for the democratic party to deal with when it's time to affect how people vote in the booth.  We're obvserving that who people say they'll vote for and who they vote for can be two different things, and this will be a much more significant when it comes to the presidental race.

misterd said:

It clearly shows that the majority of college educated voters chose... uhm.... Bush.

It showed that the majority of post-graduates voted for Kerry.  Thats the people with doctorates and masters whom are generally thought of as being smarter than those without.

It seems a lot of people on this site are conservative and thus would have difficulty seeing Fox News bias.  I guess it makes sense since this site is dedicated to business and sales numbers, something more attractive to a conservative, business class crowd.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

ManusJustusNardus said:
misterd said:

It clearly shows that the majority of college educated voters chose... uhm.... Bush.

It showed that the majority of post-graduates voted for Kerry.  Thats the people with doctorates and masters whom are generally thought of as being smarter than those without.

It seems a lot of people on this site are conservative and thus would have difficulty seeing Fox News bias.  I guess it makes sense since this site is dedicated to business and sales numbers, something more attractive to a conservative, business class crowd.

1. But ALSO that high school drop outs, are more likely to vote left, and in greater proportion. The tendency to vote right increases from that point up until college gradution, which means that there is not a simple correlation (as one becomes more educated you also become more liberal).

2. The actual differences I suspect have little to do with education, per se. Union workers are less likely to have college education, hence the democratic leaning. Similarly, a good number of post-grad degrees tend to go to people in fields that attract more liberal people - educators most notably. Conservatives are more likely to go into business fields, which rarely require you to earn a higher degree.

2. Just as liberals have trouble seeing the bias in CNN, MSNBC and the broadcast networks. However, Fox is not nearly as biased as liberals believe, nor the MSM as much as conservatives believe.

ripper said:
NinjaguyDan said:
Ickalanda said:
NinjaguyDan said:
Ickalanda said:

I find it funny how liberals always pretend to be against discrimination when they are the ones that bring up race or gender every two seconds as an issue.

Who's the liberal you speak of?

I was refering to people on the news and people I know.

There is only one person that I'm aware of in the corporate news media who is a liberal, his name is Keith Olberman.

The whole idea of a "liberal" media is a myth.

I remember reading that in 2000 93% of the washinton press (you know, the ones who cover national politics) voted for al gore. are you saying this in indicative of a liberal bent? of course for the ultra liberal al gore isn't even a liberal. ha ha there are so many communist leaning people on vgchartz the perspective is so skewed.

You mean that "liberal" Washington press corps who let dubya steal two elections?

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK