By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nyko releases a USB charging cable for GamePad

Nintendo won't let you charge your GamePad via USB? Well no worries, as Nyko has stepped in to fix that issue! Now you can more easily charge while playing. I wonder if something like this is bad for the GamePad.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=191697

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Not familiar with the WiiU first party accessories.... So how does Nintendo offer charging for the gamepad?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Awesome cable.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

ps3-sales! said:
Not familiar with the WiiU first party accessories.... So how does Nintendo offer charging for the gamepad?

Two ways.

A charging cradle

A power adapter that plugs into a power point. Close to were you are sitting.

ps3-sales! said:

Basic version comes with just an AC adapter, and the deluxe version comes additionally with a cradle to place and charge the gamepad.

Around the Network

Now if they can release a charging cradle I'd be straight. Since I can play the Wii U from my bedroom I'd like to have a charger in my room as well as in the living area. Twice I've been playing in be and had to stop to get the charger out of the living area. Now I can plug in in to play near the night stand and use the charging cradle with the usb cable by the tv.

It only took them 12 days to start selling this. I wonder how much we'll have to wait for the battery replacements.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
It only took them 12 days to start selling this. I wonder how much we'll have to wait for the battery replacements.

I think that would be more important for 3rd parties to make over a USB charger. Lets say they make a bigger batter that can hold a charge for 12 hours. Were would the need be for a USB charger then. Most people do not play video games longer then maybe 3 hours. So there never should be a problem. Still in all I am glade people are coming out and making us WiiU owners have more options.

Oh thank god, that was my main concern with the Wii U. No idea where I could get this in Australia though.

pimpcoop said:
JEMC said:

I think that would be more important for 3rd parties to make over a USB charger. Lets say they make a bigger batter that can hold a charge for 12 hours. Were would the need be for a USB charger then. Most people do not play video games longer then maybe 3 hours. So there never should be a problem. Still in all I am glade people are coming out and making us WiiU owners have more options.

You're forgetting the fact this lets people throw out that second AC adapter that's solely for their gamepads. As long as the cable on this is long enough to stretch far enough in a standard living room so as to not impede upon the gaming experience, there's no need for a replacement battery ever.