By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

tabaha said:
miz i can't edit posts >_>

Well, you're not actually altering what you wrote.

Either way, it's fixed in this page.

Around the Network

Before I tuck myself in, I'll go out and say that I think that miz is as much town as NTC is. Both are new (at least to how we play the game), so I can understand that they both makes mistakes. Question is, can haxton be counted as "one of them" so to speak?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

zero129 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I wanted him out because he wasn't contributing, I just couldn't get a read on him due to him not posting ...and I was curious about him. 

I decided not to vote for him in the end because I saw hatmoza followed me so quickly and I didn't like that. Also, if he was scum, he wouldn't have been so careless.

See this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4911547

I didnt see that post from you when i made my original one i was still re reading.

To the bolded Pezus has you down with a vote on him.

You're right. I forgot to change it... Well may as well:

Unvote, Vote: Hatmoza

tabaha said:
The talk between mantle and prof is interesting to read. Too bad I'm really tired but I'm going to try to write my opinions on http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4911612 (mostly related to the meta part)

mantle, don't know if you noticed but this round had since pretty much the beginning enough material to get people to talk about meta and using the meta for whatever purposes they had. I think you have to admit that the meta discussion just caused (unnecessary) confusion for us. If played properly, mafia can literally control town with meta. I'm new to the concept of meta but I think what i said is true.

and about this part:
The people who were actually talking flavor were the likes of mario(poisoner), zero(town), yourself(lol), and maybe a couple of others. The scum team - tabaha, DT, spurge, did NOT talk meta/flavor much, if at all. SO much for your "Scum would try and talk meta" argument.

At least for the part that mentions me, I didn't have any decent amount of info to talk meta/flavor. Totally different from this round.

And nope, I'm not defending anyone here

It's not that different from this round. The game had ample flavor, and people did talk about it. It were the townies most of the time - like Linkz, prof, trucks, mario(3rd party).

Remember the part about day ending flavor and the OP/PM mistake? Zero and others were talking.

Italic

I wonder if this solves the problem?

Around the Network

Yeah it did. For all other posts tabaha will have to edit it himself.

>mfw it solved

The OP/PM thing just made it to risky to go and talk more about it in my case

ninetailschris said:
vote: mix

Scum mostly likely .

Read up everything looks obvious at this point.

I was right to suspect you, after what you said. And yes, I did want you gone, but could you blame me? You weren't participating at all. I was frustrated that we were all suspecting each other, yet people like you (who don't post much) are safe.

Hatmoza, however, jumped at the first chance to vote for you, without giving much thought to it. I have since retracted my vote for you, and voted hatz instead.

After thinking about what you said, it seemed like you just had a power role but were used to your other Mafia games, so you didn't know how things worked here.

well i'm going to sleep
I don't even want to think about the amount of re-reading i'll need to do tomorrow

@ds
Metaing or metagaming, takes many forms.
1 analyzing players based not on role or posts, but on things like game setup, mod behavior,
2 analyzing based on wifom, as in, predicting behavior based on a rubric. An example of this metagaming is a player changing the way he plays as town in order to throw scumhunters off.

Henerally, i consider metagaming to be anything that isn't using posts as evidence.
Or discussing things that players have no control over (their characters) except in the case where the flavor is directly applicable to a known, evidenced, reasoning.