By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Nachomamma8 said:
Tabaha saying that more posting from him = more crap talking is not the tabaha I remember from Round 47, and so I lean scum on him. It's one thing for people I haven't played with before, but tabaha has already demonstrated the willingness to question and scumhunt others, so completely shutting down, refusing to give reasoning or ask questions or suspect anyone, and this new self-depreciation to excuse the lack of contribution screams scum. Things like the attack on Miz show that he's trying to shuffle suspicion onto people in order to get a lynch, but he doesn't really care whether he is right or wrong (thus implying he already knows).

DT bringing up a new superhero + sidekick, especially since this sidekick is pretty unconventional, makes him town. Spurge and Mantlepiece also had aggressive, strong entrances (spurge's seems more related to playstyle, so I'm slightly null there), and so they are both likely town as well.

Prof is a slight scum read because his opening posts include a disproportionate ratio of shit talking to analysis, but that also might be because he's mid-catching up. Will keep an eye on him as I continue reading.

I guess you've expeienced a different tabaha than I have :P  Sure, I suspect him too, but not because I think his game is that much worse than when he's town.

(Incidentally, I am less likely to vote him now than I was at the time of that post because I think he has been contributing quite a bit.  There are much better people to go after, like 9TC; I think prof has even made a better case against radish than I currently have against tabaha, although I remain not entirely happy with tabaha.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

@ Stefl's death:
Well, it's either a stupid Day-vigilante, or a third party. If mafia had a power like that I doubt they'd burn it on Day 1 like that. The better odds are on third party since Stefl was so trusted, though it's possible a day vig was convinced Stefl was scum and feared he would sail to victory on town trust.

I disagree with everyone saying it was most likely town. I think third party is more likely. But I agree that mafia doing it was extremely unlikely.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Unfortunately, ninetailschris has become too active to modkill, leaving lynching the only viable way to get rid of such a waste of space.

Echoing what someone else said, I recall games where the mafia kill was accepted through QT posts.  I don't see why a third party day assassination would necessarily be different. 

TruckOSaurus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
TruckOSaurus said:
So who should we lynch today to prevent us some headaches for the days to come? Zero, spurge, HappyD, prof?

I thought HappyD never played with you guys before. Why mention him?

HappyD has played 2 or 3 games before, in the first one he made around 500 posts during Day One which ended with his lynch. That's what I was referencing there.

It actually ended in my lynch and I was governor who redirected the lynch on Happy

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

And sacrificed his sibling ;)

Final-Fan said:
@ Stefl's death:
Well, it's either a stupid Day-vigilante, or a third party. If mafia had a power like that I doubt they'd burn it on Day 1 like that. The better odds are on third party since Stefl was so trusted, though it's possible a day vig was convinced Stefl was scum and feared he would sail to victory on town trust.

I disagree with everyone saying it was most likely town. I think third party is more likely. But I agree that mafia doing it was extremely unlikely.

I'm not experienced enough to think 3rd party. Never been there, barely ever played mafia lol. So I see why you might not think he's town, because you have that 3rd option.

TruckOSaurus said:

I don't think prof holds enough of a grudge against Stefl to waste a kill on him just out of revenge and strategically speaking he would want to kill someone he thought was Mafia not someone who he thought was town.

In fact, from the timing and the choice of the victim, I'm willing to bet that this kill was made by someone relatively new to the game.

All the more reason to lynch 9TC.  If he flips day vig/SK, mystery solved. 

Final-Fan said:
A Bad Clown said:
I think we should hear something from final fan and the guy who hasn't shown up yet, it's possible we're all missing important information on this game they could provide

Is that a request to nameclaim? 

I was trying to get you or ninetails to participate when we started going around in circles, but now it seems you're going to be active and ninetails will not be so active...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Final-Fan said:
Unfortunately, ninetailschris has become too active to modkill, leaving lynching the only viable way to get rid of such a waste of space.
Final-Fan said:
All the more reason to lynch 9TC.  If he flips day vig/SK, mystery solved. 

I'm all for this. Who else?

zero129 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
zero129 said:
To continue from my last post since i wasnt meant to post it so soon
We have Trucks agrreing and also voting stefl http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4906626
here
Now imo one or both of them are scum.
Vote: Trucks
his whole play this game has been different this when he is town for a number of reasons.
Trucks doesnt make opening posts with "Who should we lynch today" and then following on random lynchs and then calling out other people for suspecting his group etc etc

anyway thats my vote unless something big happens or changes i cant see it changing.

I was gonna let you figure it out on your own but it seems I'll have to help you out:

tabaha and Yoshiya are the ones who claimed to be Captain America sidekicks, not me. I haven't claimed a thing so no, I'm not protecting "my group".

Also, about my early Day behavior, you say it's unusual but if you recall, I started last game by voting for pezus (in response to a joke) and I started the game before that by voting for nen-suer in my first post so me making a random vote at the start of the Day isn't exactly new.

O Rly O_o .
Well why did you lead me on into believing you did claim to be a CA sidekick?.
Then who is the 3rd CA sidekick??
hmm
this changes everything but not me removing my vote yet. I need to think about this..

"Changes everything but I won't remove my vote" WTF is this.  I know you did indeed switch your vote later but this is just terrible.  "Led you on" lol, illogic everywhere.  I am used to having to hold you to a lower standard zero but come on.  You're just lucky we have 9TC to beat up on today.