By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

pezus said:
HaxtonFale said:

Just a small request to pezus: could you please make your table with red lines? That'd be grand, since it will be harder to miss even in a state of limited perception, i.e. after class or in the morning.

You should pay full attention at all times! Hmm I'm not sure how to add flashy colours and stuff

It is possible, but overly complicated and a waste of time.

Around the Network

One day pass yet?

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

ninetailschris said:
One day pass yet?

Nope, and it probably won't end for a while

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
ninetailschris said:
One day pass yet?

No, also, nice to see you. I think you have some catching up to do~

A Bad Clown said:
ninetailschris said:
One day pass yet?

Nope, and it probably won't end for a while

It wont end for absolutely ages. 

Tbh, It will probably end when enough players get bored of Day 1 to vote for timelimit. 

While i have you ABC- 

Initial thoughts? 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network

I'm catching up by 100-post blocks since it seems to be a bit easier that way:

First of all, my ABC townread is heavily based on this page. He's pretty aggressive, which means that he's been proactive in finding scum, and has also been careful to direct questions at people who are most qualified to answer them (his question to radish was about modding, his question to prof and linkz was to double check that his suspicion was valid). He was also the first to throw suspicion on the Captain America claimants, which I definitely don't see scum doing now that enough sidekicks to the same hero have been claim, simply because there's no reason to. They know that not all of the claimants are lying even if one of their buddies decided to throw a claim into the mix, so it's better just to keep your mouth shut as opposed to tossing in some half-baked suspicion into the mix.

Miz read is based on similar reasoning, although it's a little weaker. He's been a little cagey with his reasoning, which I don't particularly like, but he's been proactive in applying his HoSes and has a pretty natural transition from HoS'ing to Yoshiya to actually voting him. He was also pretty quick to attack Stefl, which seems decently odd for a new-scum to try during his first game.

Stefl is town because of early game aggression and the Captain America sidekick counterclaim. Stefl was the first one to discover that there were duplicates of sidekicks, and I seriously don't think scum would point that out even if they do have safeclaims, simply because it isn't worth the risk of being outed that early.

Nachomamma8 said:
I'm catching up by 100-post blocks since it seems to be a bit easier that way:

First of all, my ABC townread is heavily based on this page. He's pretty aggressive, which means that he's been proactive in finding scum, and has also been careful to direct questions at people who are most qualified to answer them (his question to radish was about modding, his question to prof and linkz was to double check that his suspicion was valid). He was also the first to throw suspicion on the Captain America claimants, which I definitely don't see scum doing now that enough sidekicks to the same hero have been claim, simply because there's no reason to. They know that not all of the claimants are lying even if one of their buddies decided to throw a claim into the mix, so it's better just to keep your mouth shut as opposed to tossing in some half-baked suspicion into the mix.

Miz read is based on similar reasoning, although it's a little weaker. He's been a little cagey with his reasoning, which I don't particularly like, but he's been proactive in applying his HoSes and has a pretty natural transition from HoS'ing to Yoshiya to actually voting him. He was also pretty quick to attack Stefl, which seems decently odd for a new-scum to try during his first game.

Stefl is town because of early game aggression and the Captain America sidekick counterclaim. Stefl was the first one to discover that there were duplicates of sidekicks, and I seriously don't think scum would point that out even if they do have safeclaims, simply because it isn't worth the risk of being outed that early.

I mostly agree with your post above, i think it's a fairly good analysis.

Only think I would disagree with is Stefl. I'm not saying I think he is scum, because right now I don't. I just dont think your reasons are enough to say "Stefl is town". They are all revolved around his reaction to duplicate sidekicks, and seeing as there are clearly multiple duplicates, I don't think it is a good enough reason. Just because Stefl was the first to come out as second duplicate doesn't make him town. By that logic you should be saying that I'm town, as I am the first, and so far only, player to admit my role isn't a direct sidekick. Or Tabaha is town, because he is the first player to come out as triplicate. If anyone said that made me obv town I would insta-suspect them for buddying up, and the Tabaha part is just silly. 

Stefl was the first because he has been very active this game, and most players had barely tagged in. If you were to say "I'm leaning town towards Stefl, because of his boldness in claiming a second sidekick to the same guy, his active posting and getting in on most issues" then I would say fair enough. 

My point is; saying someone is town based on their flavour reaction, in a game where we have been told characters and roles are randomised, is not a good enough reason for me. That all said, my fair enough example is my current opinion on Stefl. Leaning town, but if someone was to give a decent couple of arguments why he is scum, I would change that. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Tabaha saying that more posting from him = more crap talking is not the tabaha I remember from Round 47, and so I lean scum on him. It's one thing for people I haven't played with before, but tabaha has already demonstrated the willingness to question and scumhunt others, so completely shutting down, refusing to give reasoning or ask questions or suspect anyone, and this new self-depreciation to excuse the lack of contribution screams scum. Things like the attack on Miz show that he's trying to shuffle suspicion onto people in order to get a lynch, but he doesn't really care whether he is right or wrong (thus implying he already knows).

DT bringing up a new superhero + sidekick, especially since this sidekick is pretty unconventional, makes him town. Spurge and Mantlepiece also had aggressive, strong entrances (spurge's seems more related to playstyle, so I'm slightly null there), and so they are both likely town as well.

Prof is a slight scum read because his opening posts include a disproportionate ratio of shit talking to analysis, but that also might be because he's mid-catching up. Will keep an eye on him as I continue reading.

spurgeonryan said:
Happy Thanksgiving ya'lll! Even you hatmoza. This site would be no fun without you. I already lost one of my enemies. Seece. You are the last one to drive me nuts.

Happy Thanksgivin to the rest of you as well! Stefl from Germany, Prof from TRansylvania, New clown dude from when the chartz were older, newbz, Plezbian the mod, linkz and mantle my favorite people to tunnel, DAnse the nintendo gamer, and anyone else that I may have missed.

And also to my two nabors up north! HappyD is scum and you trucks!

Ahahahaha, you are so funny spurge :) I am from up north, and I like it that way. Canada, fuck-yeah!

On the topic, happy thanksgiving. You guys are late, we had ours a month ago. ;)

Woah. The hell's going on. Anyone know of a role that kill during the Day guys?