By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
Brb, gunna smoke while I try to control my laughter

You're one cruel bastard, you know that. XD

Then again, if you really are cop, it's dumb of you to reveal something like that so soon, and also, tabs would be one of the easiest players to bus night 1, just sayin'.

Could you tell me what you meant by that?

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

The evidence it's not TRUSTworthy is that the bus driver existed and we don't know who he swapped with tabaha.  Why is that grasping?  Can you point to why the bus driver wouldn't have swapped you if you were mafia?  Tell me why I should trust tabaha's scan of you was NOT falsified. 

1) It would require that I be mafia, for starters, which is not in any way a given.

2) It would require that, of all the mafia players that may have been swapped, it was the one who got scanned.

3) It would require that, of all the mafia players that may have been scanned, I servived.

Its grasping. In other words, it could have been anyone, it's possible, but not likely.

miz1q2w3e said:
happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
Brb, gunna smoke while I try to control my laughter

Then again, if you really are cop, it's dumb of you to reveal something like that so soon, and also, tabs would be one of the easiest players to bus night 1, just sayin'.

To be honest, when I wrote that, I didn't fully understand what bussing was and the strategy behind it (like bussing a townie with a mafia player). It was noob talk. Now that we've gone over it quite extensively in this game, I may have said something different.

E.g. I don't actually remember, and I'm in a different frame of mind at this point in the game.

Remember, a while back, I mentioned to Linkz that I didn't understand how the bus-driving worked, it was like in day 3. Since then, we've scumhunted and I've come a long ways into understanding what bus-driving is used for and what it implies in the night action dependencies.

If I try to think back that far though, I think what I was trying to say is that, even if prof had a guilty scan on tabs, it may have been inconclusive. But I'm not even sure why I would think tabs would be a likely bus-driving candidate if he were mafia, since I only realized later that bussing was mostly used to cover up a night action, and though tabs was scummy Day 1, he didn't necessarily post a threat in terms of night actions. I was thinking in the wrong way, since mafia plays at night, not town. So even if he was scummy, he wasn't under any specific threat, right or wrong?

idk

Final-Fan said:

We were talking about why I voted you.  The first question trumps the second because if you are scum, then I can vote you regardless of whether Linkz is deceiving me; and if you are not scum then I should not vote you regardless of et cetera. 

If anything, Linkz's pushing you while loudly calling radish your scummate is interesting because scum ought to not want to alienate townies when it's not necessary.  But it is odd if as you say he cannot point to anything.  I will double check that when I'm committing more than 3 minutes at a time. 

Go ahead and reiterate your case, but on't dexpect miracles. 

1) He flip-flopped on his accusations towards me. At first calling me the mafia BD, then calling me the vig, with little evidence but vibes to back that up. It's almost as if he had a bias and found every and any way to paint me as scum. Having to fabricate a scum case against a player is mafia play.

2) He was much too lucid in the DT-tabaha paradox. I understand that he's experienced, but it's like as if he knew everything before everyone else. It's fishy.

3) He's using my confusion against me, when it should be clear that as town I don't have all the answers. He's going for the easy lynch.

4) He lied to Miz about my meta, and ignored my freakouts, when he himself was my sibling in game 40.

5) He didn't vote for his #1 scumspect but voted for me instead.

6) Radish was his #1 scumspect, but he didn't have anything to "peg him on" (his own words). That's a strange way to word it.

There's more but off the top of my head this is the list. The fact that you ignore these when I a) argued them, b) listed them twice, and c) we're in MYLO, shows that you aren't with town at all.

^Add to point 4 that it was town meta, nearly identical to my play toDay, only that I have much more experience now.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
miz1q2w3e said:
happydolphin said:

I meant, I noticed people use the term "bus" to refer to when scum would sacrifice a member of their team in order to look more towny.

My question is: Which definition of the word did you mean in that context?

Oh, :) I meant bus-driving. I know, I think MS should fix that to Identity Swapper or something.

Ugh, I've had enough.

vote: happydolphin

I'd explain, but I just don't feel like it.

In short, I let my wanting you not to be scum cloud my judgement. If it were any other person I would have probably voted sooner. Plus, I don't really care anymore. I can't do it all on my own. I've got schoolwork to do. Sorry.

Wow, I think miz had the same breakdown I had. What threw me over the edge was I SAID the very thing he just pointed out, but he said my arguments did nothing and he reads the facts himself. There is no point continuing to argue for someone who isn't going to put stake in it, or against someone that just changes the meaning of his earlier posts whenever questioned about it.

I'd move my vote, but we're at that magic number of 2 again. It's time to here from Yoshi.

I wasn't here today, checking posts now

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~