By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

So between that post and the vote, you just decided that you trusted linkz? ...Enough to vote right along with him for apparently no good reason?

First off, Linkz had already voted, making your actual point null and void.  However, since I found his arguments persuasive, I am indeed more inclined to believe he's town, though I'm bearing in mind that it's possible he was bussing to gain decisive trust for the final push the way DT evidently tried to.  After all, if we're at MYLO, it doesn't matter how many mafia are left as long as they win, and he'd only need the one day of trust. 

But considering what an easy target radish is, I'm not sure that second theory should be given too much weight. 

I don'y buy it. You said you were undecided about him. So, even if his argument did seem persuasive, it could have just been scum arguing to make town look bad. I didn't find his argument to be that persuasive anyway. Evident in that he backed off without too much pressure when challenged. If it was actually a strong argument, he wouldn't have backed off so easily. In contrast: link.

But let's go back to the point where you decided to fully trust him all of a sudden, enough to join his lynch train on happyD for no good reason. What brought on this sudden change of heart?

Radish is not an easy target. We don't have much on him, so out of what is a case supposed to built? The seemingly clueless happyD would have provided a much easier target, with all his nooby mistakes and flippy behavior. Except no one else was around at the time to join in.

Explain the bolded. I said in my earlier post that you followed along with linkz's vote even though you said earlier that you didn't really trust him. How does him voting before you, make my point null?

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

I don'y buy it. You said you were undecided about him. So, even if his argument did seem persuasive, it could have just been scum arguing to make town look bad. I didn't find his argument to be that persuasive anyway. Evident in that he backed off without too much pressure when challenged. If it was actually a strong argument, he wouldn't have backed off so easily. In contrast: link.

But let's go back to the point where you decided to fully trust him all of a sudden, enough to join his lynch train on happyD for no good reason. What brought on this sudden change of heart?

Radish is not an easy target. We don't have much on him, so out of what is a case supposed to built? The seemingly clueless happyD would have provided a much easier target, with all his nooby mistakes and flippy behavior. Except no one else was around at the time to join in.

Explain the bolded. I said in my earlier post that you followed along with linkz's vote even though you said earlier that you didn't really trust him. How does him voting before you, make my point null?

It doesn't. Using terms like X made your argument null where X explains nothing of what you talked about is a vet strategy to make town go "Oh, maybe I'm wrong" when they're not. It's generally done by mafia vets, but you never know (vets are vets after all, they do strage things at times).

^By town I mean noobs. Lol what a lapsus.

Final-Fan said:

Another question: You mentioned near the beginning of toDay that you were still a bit suspicious of me, even after linkz said I was 'confirmed' town. Why? I mean, if linkz is supposed to be so much smarter than everyone, and you trust him so much, why didn't you just agree with him about me too?

Also, what are your thoughts about tabaha's town scan of happyD? You never chimed in on that issue.

PS: Don't forget to answer my earlier qustion.

miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

So between that post and the vote, you just decided that you trusted linkz? ...Enough to vote right along with him for apparently no good reason?

First off, Linkz had already voted, making your actual point null and void.  However, since I found his arguments persuasive, I am indeed more inclined to believe he's town, though I'm bearing in mind that it's possible he was bussing to gain decisive trust for the final push the way DT evidently tried to.  After all, if we're at MYLO, it doesn't matter how many mafia are left as long as they win, and he'd only need the one day of trust. 

But considering what an easy target radish is, I'm not sure that second theory should be given too much weight. 

If Linkz already voted Happy, then obviously scum-Linkz couldn't possibly pile on for a scum quicklynch.  There were still two votes to go before Happy was lynched, and I think we can safely say there aren't 3 mafia left.  But aside from that, I moved from undecided to leaning town after I found Linkz's arguments about happy to be persuasive enough that I felt good enough to deserve a vote. 

You're acting like people's opinions on other people can't, don't, or shouldn't evolve based on posts, which is ridiculous. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:

Another question: You mentioned near the beginning of toDay that you were still a bit suspicious of me, even after linkz said I was 'confirmed' town. Why? I mean, if linkz is supposed to be so much smarter than everyone, and you trust him so much, why didn't you just agree with him about me too?

Also, what are your thoughts about tabaha's town scan of happyD? You never chimed in on that issue.

Just because I now somewhat trust Linkz doesn't mean I mindlessly agree with all his opinions.  I don't trust that scan, or i wouldn't have voted him. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

If Linkz already voted Happy, then obviously scum-Linkz couldn't possibly pile on for a scum quicklynch.  There were still two votes to go before Happy was lynched, and I think we can safely say there aren't 3 mafia left.  But aside from that, I moved from undecided to leaning town after I found Linkz's arguments about happy to be persuasive enough that I felt good enough to deserve a vote. 

You're acting like people's opinions on other people can't, don't, or shouldn't evolve based on posts, which is ridiculous. 

That wasn't the point I was making. Nothing linkz said made him that much more town in my eyes, and I already showed you that even he doesn't think his argument against happyD was all that, so how could it possibly be THAT convincing for you to go from undecided, straight to fully trusting him, even enough to vote with him for no good reason?

Either you weren't telling the full truth when you said you were still undecided on linkz, or you're lying now about your sudden change of heart, hence why I called you inconsistent.

Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:

Just because I now somewhat trust Linkz doesn't mean I mindlessly agree with all his opinions.  I don't trust that scan, or i wouldn't have voted him. 

Yet you jumped and voted happyD almost immediately after linkz didm, for pretty much no good reason.

Why don't you trust the scan? Explain what you think happened?

miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:

Yet you jumped and voted happyD almost immediately after linkz didm, for pretty much no good reason.

Why don't you trust the scan? Explain what you think happened?

It is entirely possible that happy is scum with a gun item that got bussed the night with tabaha, who would then scan himself innocent, as Linkz outlined. 

Final-Fan said:

It is entirely possible that happy is scum with a gun item that got bussed the night with tabaha, who would then scan himself innocent, as Linkz outlined. 

It would require that I, of all players, be bussed with tabs. It would also require that I'm scum. You do realize I could also be town, right? Or do you just prefer to ignore that?