By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

miz1q2w3e said:

Oh, that's what you meant.

My thoughts:

I never suspected scum had a second night time kill, certainly not unlimited. The second person with the gun is definitely mafia, though. Remember, it was Day time when hatmoza claimed to have been shot. The hatmoza shooter never revealed themselves, because they were bussed with tabaha Night1 = it would have been obvious they were scum.

Fair enough, we may have a 1-shot mafia vig in the game. I realize there is little reason to bus 9TC with tabs early on in the game since he was town. It would just make no sense as a mafia strategy.

So maybe the 1-shot vig theory holds water. Still, you're left with a weak theory of it possibly being me, so you're left with "D could be mafia", which yields no insight on the game, honestly, and anyone using that as an accusation (>.> Linkz) should be considered suspicous.

However, I agree, it is possible for a townie to think that there is 1 chance in 4 that I was the one that got bussed with tabs, in which case I wouldn't be the BD as I was suspected to be as well (for little reason, except Radish had a stretch of a reason to think so, well at least there's support for him suspecting it given a post I made, no the case for Linkz sadly).

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
miz1q2w3e said:
happydolphin said:

Those are the ones I remember. Then going by this FF is correct (despite assuming much), I believe this would mean that items point to role.

As such, I'm either the nighttime vig that was bussed with tabs, or I was not bussed (since the bus driver would not have the vig's gun).

Lastly, I can't be the nighttime vig given my explanation of the nighttime kills (2 kills while hatz alive, 1 kill while dead, the block ratio would have to be perfect for that theory to hold, which is bullshit).

So I'm neither the bus-driver, neither am I the vig, and I'm town.

If we find more items, I'm pretty sure it'll just solidify this theory and show town just how scummy Linkz actually is.

This post is so weird. Could anyone who has played with happyD give their thoughts on it? Is this simply the way he psots?

Tell me what's wierd about it and I'll explain. The main guys to have played against me are Linkz and FF, and their opinions of me are bad and very biased imho. They follow the "let's bash happy" approach, which is helpless I'm afraid.

Ask me questions and I will answer. What about this reasoning do you not understand?

Well, for starters, I can't believe anyone would actually think that (about unlimited night vig + blocker). It's way too obvious that what you said (bold) isn't the case. Weird that you'd bring it up, and a weak point in general. Though, you did say it was bullshit right after.

Also, it was obvious from a long time ago that items point to roles. I thought it was weird that you'd argue with F-F about it. It looked like you were defending someone who was caught with an item.

It's just weird in general. Like, I have no idea why you would post like that. I don't know if this is your style in general or whatever. Weird =/= conculsive or anything, so meh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All I am certain of is that you are NOT the bus driver. See Night1:

tabaha scans you --> your scan shows town.
mantle scans tabaha --> he sees vig's gun on tabaha.
tabaha was definitely bussed that night. It was with the gun owner that mantle saw. I am basing this on the assumption that you couldn't be the busser and the gun owner at the same time, and that a bussers would not able to bus themselves with someone else.

Either you are simply town, or you are the one with the gun.

happydolphin said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Oh, that's what you meant.

My thoughts:

I never suspected scum had a second night time kill, certainly not unlimited. The second person with the gun is definitely mafia, though. Remember, it was Day time when hatmoza claimed to have been shot. The hatmoza shooter never revealed themselves, because they were bussed with tabaha Night1 = it would have been obvious they were scum.

Fair enough, we may have a 1-shot mafia vig in the game. I realize there is little reason to bus 9TC with tabs early on in the game since he was town. It would just make no sense as a mafia strategy.

So maybe the 1-shot vig theory holds water. Still, you're left with a weak theory of it possibly being me, so you're left with "D could be mafia", which yields no insight on the game, honestly, and anyone using that as an accusation (>.> Linkz) should be considered suspicous.

However, I agree, it is possible for a townie to think that there is 1 chance in 4 that I was the one that got bussed with tabs, in which case I wouldn't be the BD as I was suspected to be as well (for little reason, except Radish had a stretch of a reason to think so, well at least there's support for him suspecting it given a post I made, no the case for Linkz sadly).

...I have been under the assumption that mantle scanned tabaha AT NIGHT. 9TC was already dead by then. Otherwise, why couldn't the gun belong to 9TC? It would be MUCH easier to explain.

Yes, I agree linkz reasoning is uncharacteristically weak.

@Everyone: I have been under the assumption that mantle scanned tabaha AT NIGHT. 9TC was already dead by then. Otherwise, why couldn't the gun belong to 9TC? It would be MUCH easier to explain.

My question: Are actions (like scans) ONLY performed at night, or is it possible that they be done during the day? I am fairly certain that it's the former (i.e. that it's only possible at night), but I want to be sure.

miz1q2w3e said:

Well, for starters, I can't believe anyone would actually think that (about unlimited night vig + blocker). It's way too obvious that what you said (bold) isn't the case. Weird that you'd bring it up, and a weak point in general. Though, you did say it was bullshit right after.

Also, it was obvious from a long time ago that items point to roles. I thought it was weird that you'd argue with F-F about it. It looked like you were defending someone who was caught with an item.

It's just weird in general. Like, I have no idea why you would post like that. I don't know if this is your style in general or whatever. Weird =/= conculsive or anything, so meh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All I am certain of is that you are NOT the bus driver. See Night1:

tabaha scans you --> your scan shows town.
mantle scans tabaha --> he sees vig's gun on tabaha.
tabaha was definitely bussed that night. It was with the gun owner that mantle saw. I am basing this on the assumption that you couldn't be the busser and the gun owner at the same time, and that a bussers would not able to bus themselves with someone else.

Either you are simply town, or you are the one with the gun.

@ 1st box. You think I built a strawman argument, but I actually was, legitimately under the impression that Linkz thought I was a mafia vig, not X-shot. It wasn't obvious to me the possibility of 1-shot vig so I apologize for that. I thought I had proper proof of me being town, but I didn't and I had to backtrack unwillingly. I know I'm town, but I'm doing all I can to prove it. It's one thing to know you're town, another to demonstrate it.

It's not weird, it's just you don't see my thought process. It might be a bit stupid, but it isn't weird.

@2nd box. Yes, I agree with the idea that I couldn't have been the BD and hold the vig's gun, going back to what FF said. Yes, I agree either I am town, or there is one chance in 4 I'm the one with the gun, meaning I could be mafia with a gun, or I could be town. But let's just throw the innocent scan and say I could just be town, amiright?

@9TC confusion I created. Sorry, I forgot 9TC was mod-killed Day 1, my bad. Yes, Mantles' scan were night actions, but some actions can be possible during the day if the mod made it that way. He would specify it in the PM I believe (kinda like 9TC's day-vig ability).

Around the Network

Happy's ramblings make me more and more confident he's scum simultaneously smelling victory and desperate to avoid a lynch. The way he keeps saying "throw out the innocent scan" in particular rubs me the wrong way. I'm not even sure what he was trying to get at the last time he said it.

You gotta vote sometime.

Vote happydolphin

And yes, mantle scanned at night.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Uh-oh. With that, happyD is at L-1...

umm, before night begins I wanna say to remaining town (in case you weren't paying attention) that Yoshiya is CONFIRMED town.

Final-Fan said:
Happy's ramblings make me more and more confident he's scum simultaneously smelling victory and desperate to avoid a lynch. The way he keeps saying "throw out the innocent scan" in particular rubs me the wrong way. I'm not even sure what he was trying to get at the last time he said it.

You gotta vote sometime.

Vote happydolphin

Are you that sure about happyD? We get it, you suspect him, but scum could come and quicklynch him right now.

miz1q2w3e said:
Uh-oh. With that, happyD is at L-1...

umm, before night begins I wanna say to remaining town (in case you weren't paying attention) that Yoshiya is CONFIRMED town.

Nevermind. I mixed up happyD's votes with linkz's.

happyD = 2/4 votes
linkz = 2/4 votes

miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:

You gotta vote sometime.

Vote happydolphin

Are you that sure about happyD? We get it, you suspect him, but scum could come and quicklynch him right now.

And that's the test. We already know that FF and Linkz are scum (it's pretty obvious), but now to see if the two others quicklynch. If they do, one of FF and Linkz isn't scum, but it's game over. If nobody votes, you can be pretty confident at this point that they are town. That's you and yosh.

So current possible scum are radish, D, FF and Linkz. It's pretty obvious who's more likely scum (imho of course).

Also, he isn't sure. He is using lame accusations against me. If I were eager to win toDay (which I can't since I'm town, but that's just my word against his), why would I put my neck out in the open to defend myself like this?

Also, notice that Linkz got on the offensive on me toDay, it's pretty clear he has an agenda imho.

Two possible scum-pairs:

1) HappyD-Radish

2) FF-Linkz.

I think it's black on white personally.

Linkz is voting me despite me being his 2nd top suspect, in MYLO. Go figure. See, I actually use facts, they use poor accusations cause they got nothin' on me.