By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Final-Fan said:
happydolphin said:

Miz, don't misread, it isn't a misunderstanding, I admitted all along that, in the eyes of anyone not me, the gun could've been mine. It isn't, but I understand the possibility in anyone else's eyes (town).

However, even if it was mine, it's an item, and items have no bearing on role as far as we could tell. Batman's utility belt is joat, but if you have an item, ask yourself "is it like my role"? Also, pezus promised a flavor-less game, so mantle's ability has no other potency than saying "he had this item", and then we need to trust on item claim and nothing else (no, not even role).

That's a stupid objection to an investigatory role.  Not being able to flavor hunt means we shouldn't be able to get scum by forcing mass nameclaims and that sort of thing.  If mantle got information through using his role's ability, it in no way contradicts a "no flavor hunting" game for him to be able to use this information to try to find scum, even if the information he received is nominally flavor.  IMO. 

Holy mother of assumptions.

I actually tried to find a pattern in the claims versus the scans, but you've brought detective work to a whole new level.

Congratz!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Why not count the bus-driver?

Well, if we're assuming that mantle's item-scan of tabaha is incorrect, then he was bussed, and the OTHER guy had the gun.  It's unlikely that a mafia bus driver would have a gun for an item IMO, instead of something a little more representative of his role.  So Happy would be a different mafia that got bussed by the mafia bus driver. 

@bold: In that hypothetical, if items tell of your role (big if), that goes without saying.

You are one smart cookie.

Apart from the blindingly obvious, this is just more talk of how D could, for some reason him, have been bus-driven, though we have no evidence for it apart from the fact that he got an innocent scan.

Okay, town, enough listening to the two boneheads, this is our next assignment. Let's scour the pages and look for item claims by flipped townies, and compare them to their roles.

I'm pretty confident that the items don't match the roles assigned. Let's see who wants to participate and I'll divide the pages between us so we can start searching. Who's in?

****pezus****

Mod Request: Usually there is a column with the item in OP. Can I ask you to add that column in OP, it would actually help analyzing the flips (I think that's what the table in OP is there for)?

happydolphin said:
Final-Fan said:
happydolphin said:

Miz, don't misread, it isn't a misunderstanding, I admitted all along that, in the eyes of anyone not me, the gun could've been mine. It isn't, but I understand the possibility in anyone else's eyes (town).

However, even if it was mine, it's an item, and items have no bearing on role as far as we could tell. Batman's utility belt is joat, but if you have an item, ask yourself "is it like my role"? Also, pezus promised a flavor-less game, so mantle's ability has no other potency than saying "he had this item", and then we need to trust on item claim and nothing else (no, not even role).

That's a stupid objection to an investigatory role.  Not being able to flavor hunt means we shouldn't be able to get scum by forcing mass nameclaims and that sort of thing.  If mantle got information through using his role's ability, it in no way contradicts a "no flavor hunting" game for him to be able to use this information to try to find scum, even if the information he received is nominally flavor.  IMO. 

Holy mother of assumptions.

I actually tried to find a pattern in the claims versus the scans, but you've brought detective work to a whole new level.

Congratz!

I agree with what you're saying, but why are you so eager to disprove item flavor? Nobody even accused you of having an item. Someone without an item wouldn't be that concerned with it... What I don't get is how can you be so sharp about this, and be so clueless about the other stuff.

You're leaking... You're trying to pre-disprove it because you know that gun mantla found on tabaha is yours.

I hate that you played the trust card, after what happened with DT. Please don't ask me to trust you... We're still bros outside, tho :B

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
****pezus****

Mod Request: Usually there is a column with the item in OP. Can I ask you to add that column in OP, it would actually help analyzing the flips (I think that's what the table in OP is there for)?

I was wondering about this myself...

So far I have:

Vig's gun = daytime vig = 9TC
Utility belt = JoaT = Yoshiya
RA detector = Cop = tabaha
Knife (I guess) = SK = hatmoza
RA ball = Miller = Danne

Am I missing any?

96 posts, catching up

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I'm not really seeing HD's "flip-flopping" - I mean, it was me who was probably most strongly against his insistence that DT was town, because I realised that he'd got his facts wrong - now that he's realised this, I don't tihnk it's anything that can be criticised - HD is 90% confirmed to me, so it's pointless dwelling on whatever mistake he made on an earlier day

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

As the "suspicious lurker", the decision on who to lynch is actually really easy for me. Here's the situation:

There's only 5 players for me to choose from - I agree that it's more likely than not that we're dealing with 2 mafia here rather than one. I think (desperately hope that I'm right with this, or we could lose the game) that Miz, Yoshiya and HD are confirmed town (ranging from 90 to 100%)

That leaves two, Linkz and FF - I understand where the problem comes in for other players who have to choose between 3 players (I regret not participating more earlier, but I haven't played without a power role before and it killed my motivation a bit)

They're both mafia, so I'm going to flip a coin to see who I lynch - we can kill the other tomorrow (heads = final fan, tails = linkz)

Flipped tails

Vote: Linkz

Watch me on YouTube!

radishhead said:
I'm not really seeing HD's "flip-flopping" - I mean, it was me who was probably most strongly against his insistence that DT was town, because I realised that he'd got his facts wrong - now that he's realised this, I don't tihnk it's anything that can be criticised - HD is 90% confirmed to me, so it's pointless dwelling on whatever mistake he made on an earlier day

@bold You are kidding right? Maybe you really haven't been paying attention to this game afterall >.>

And actually, after reading I think the idea that Linkz has put forward makes sense. Unfortunately, we have no evidence for it and as such I can't put my vote down because of it. I doubt Linkz is scum though since he was more than happy to put DT on the line during the time when it was quite controversial (without Linkz on my side to help push DT, I think that DT would still be here as a "confirmed" town.

Also, I don't believe you've claimed. I assume it's safe to think  you are vanilla?