By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

radishhead said:
happydolphin said:

You're one cruel bastard, you know that. XD

Then again, if you really are cop, it's dumb of you to reveal something like that so soon, and also, tabs would be one of the easiest players to bus night 1, just sayin'.

FoS

This is a similar situation - okay, maybe it's just a suggestion, but it could just as easily be mistakenly revealing that we're dealing with a mafia busdriver

That's WIFOM bro. You do realize that I can only theorize if I'm town. So to find clues, there's no escape to your accusation.

Around the Network
tabaha said:
theprof00 said:
What do you think you should have done differently, knowing his alignment afterward?
You asked him yourself if there was any way he could be wrong, or not be using his role correctly.
I'm having a hard time understanding exactly where the panic occurred. You say the vote was panicked, and part of the reason, if i understand it correctly, was that it wasnt just a matter of keeping you both alive, but also how to prevent him from just shooting you tomorrow.

One of the problems I'm seeing is that at least part of me was worried about his alignment, and if he were left alive, as mafia, he could just be trying to buy himself time to shoot again.
At what point did you look back and say you did something wrong? Because even if he was town, that doesn't mean he'd shoot mafia. Him being alive was a risk to town, don't you think?
I'm confused as to how you should've expected yourself to handle the situation with the amount of information you'd been given.

Therein, why apologize? It's an apology for something that wasn't your fault, as i see it.
But then you also rationalize it by saying "there was no other way" (paraphrased from you saying "convince town AND not let him shoot me tomorrow")

I feel like i already answered to that >_>

then answer it again.

HD, I think you broke the thread

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
HD, I think you broke the thread

Fixed ;)

Yoshiya said:

Just remembered this. You tell me to push DT for his flipflopping suggesting you find it suspicious as well but never question him yourself, care to explain why? I'm pretty sure something similar happened earlier on as well, you pointed out something DT did but then left me and Mantle to actually question him for it. You seem unwilling to go down properly on players and are rather just bringing up small suspicions and then letting others take them further.

This reads as buddy distancing to me. Why complain if you're both working in the same direction?

miz1q2w3e said:
Yoshiya said:

One-shot in that context always means they can only use the ability once on VGC

That's not proof of anything. Why couldn't it be different this time.

BUT, let's say that is true. Isn't it possible he misunderstood it and paraphrased it wrong based on his misunderstanding?

ALSO, even if he was lying to make it seem like he wasn't useless (i.e. to make it seem like he still had shots), there's no proof against the claim that he investigated tabaha and found him scum. You have no reason to doubt that part at all.

They're conventions miz. If not, the mod is considered a bastard mod but that never happens as far as I know. That would be like trying to tread water in a broken game, hasn't happened here since I started.

theprof00 said:
tabaha said:
theprof00 said:
What do you think you should have done differently, knowing his alignment afterward?
You asked him yourself if there was any way he could be wrong, or not be using his role correctly.
I'm having a hard time understanding exactly where the panic occurred. You say the vote was panicked, and part of the reason, if i understand it correctly, was that it wasnt just a matter of keeping you both alive, but also how to prevent him from just shooting you tomorrow.

One of the problems I'm seeing is that at least part of me was worried about his alignment, and if he were left alive, as mafia, he could just be trying to buy himself time to shoot again.
At what point did you look back and say you did something wrong? Because even if he was town, that doesn't mean he'd shoot mafia. Him being alive was a risk to town, don't you think?
I'm confused as to how you should've expected yourself to handle the situation with the amount of information you'd been given.

Therein, why apologize? It's an apology for something that wasn't your fault, as i see it.
But then you also rationalize it by saying "there was no other way" (paraphrased from you saying "convince town AND not let him shoot me tomorrow")

I feel like i already answered to that >_>

then answer it again.

for what purpose?

@ "What do you think you should have done differently, knowing his alignment afterward?"

Dunno. I'm not a good player that can pull that kind of moves. I know it could be done, but not how.

@ "At what point did you look back and say you did something wrong?"

After he was modkilled and i saw his role and took my time to relax

@ "Him being alive was a risk to town, don't you think?"

Maybe not. We will never know

@ "Therein, why apologize?"

Because I didn't act properly and it could have cost us the opportunity to lynch scum

Around the Network

Fixing bold

Of note, which i think i said earlier, if there are two teams then there is no bus driver.
Figuring out the teams is of critical importance.
Until we know that it's going to be difficult to figure out just who is being accused by flipped scum.
Ie; looking at Mario's posts we can get some clues, but nothing is certain because theres always the possibility that hes scumhunting too.

@tab
. You say you don't know what you could have done. My problem is that i don't see what you could have done better. You say it was panic, but you did everything correctly. Last game we saw pezus counter mario. You actually did much much better, because you were very reasonable with the accusation as opposed to pezus who simply just accused mario without questioning why mario got the read. My problem is that there IS no better strategy, and so i distrust your insistence, through apology, that there is one. This is only compounded by the understanding that you reaction was not affected by panic at all. You made the exact right call, under panic, yet still apologize for it.

So once you realized that nine was town, well, you didnt really apologize for the strategy, but for the vote itself. So you are apologizing, i guess, for voting a townie?
What do you mean "maybe not"? Nine showed himself to be someone who kills first and asks questions later. Furthermore, if you agree that he's a liar, then he also lied in order to give credence to his wild accusations. Last game, you insisted that liars could not be trusted. You went after me and fought with me because i could not be trusted after my fakeclaim.
Suddenly you think the opposite? And dont tell me "then that should tell you that im not scum" because acting differently is what shows scumminess not that acting different from scum makes you town.
but you did act properly. That's the problem. You're apologizing for doing nothing wrong.

theprof00 said:
@tab
. You say you don't know what you could have done. My problem is that i don't see what you could have done better. You say it was panic, but you did everything correctly. Last game we saw pezus counter mario. You actually did much much better, because you were very reasonable with the accusation as opposed to pezus who simply just accused mario without questioning why mario got the read. My problem is that there IS no better strategy, and so i distrust your insistence, through apology, that there is one. This is only compounded by the understanding that you reaction was not affected by panic at all. You made the exact right call, under panic, yet still apologize for it.

So once you realized that nine was town, well, you didnt really apologize for the strategy, but for the vote itself. So you are apologizing, i guess, for voting a townie?
What do you mean "maybe not"? Nine showed himself to be someone who kills first and asks questions later. Furthermore, if you agree that he's a liar, then he also lied in order to give credence to his wild accusations. Last game, you insisted that liars could not be trusted. You went after me and fought with me because i could not be trusted after my fakeclaim.
Suddenly you think the opposite? And dont tell me "then that should tell you that im not scum" because acting differently is what shows scumminess not that acting different from scum makes you town.
but you did act properly. That's the problem. You're apologizing for doing nothing wrong.

Is it that bad to say that it really is a matter of opinion?

And finally the truth comes out. I was going to ask about the whole 'tabaha's defense yesterDay was weak' thing, but I'm glad I let it play out. This Day has been rich in content to push a lynch off of. I'm still undecided with tabaha because I have large gaps from Day 1 yet to be read, but what I saw so far hasn't been favorable.

Happy, I am ok if you guys do not consider my theory as valid. Surely I should still be able to consider it?

Anyways, I will look through tabaha's case now.