By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

theprof00 said:
Lemme guess "I was making a sandwich HoS prof!!"

I was actually waiting for some post from you. But it's 2AM so i should sleep soon™

Around the Network
tabaha said:
theprof00 said:

I was actually waiting for some post from you. But it's 2AM so i should sleep soon™

Oh man, you're too rich tabaha.

mantlepiecek said:
I will just say this again in case it wasn't clear to someone - My case on DT was not based on his suspicions but more on the theory itself.

And it is strictly limited to the theory discussions. There are other pointers which others have pointed out, and some which I have, like his paranoia, and he didn't care to give a reason for voting me when the NT thing was going on - just a "By this time you should have known mantle is scum" statement. Or at least something along those lines.

This is amazing.  When I got involved with this argument, it was for the precise reason that you were acting like a two mafia theory was strange and suspicious for someone to think of without having special information about this round.  (It had been one of four reasons you'd given for suspecting DT, another two revolving around zero.)  When I argued that I thought it was a pretty reasonable possibility to think of (p.21@50), you didn't directly respond AFAIK, but responded indirectly in a post to DT by throwing that point out and reiterating the other 3, saying that they were your main reason and I had failed to realize that the point about the "3+3 theory" was just a sideshow.  (And that DT was clearly desperate for citing my rebuttal as something important to your argument.) 

Mantle.  Seriously.  This is not just flip-flopping.  You are blatantly moving the goalposts here.  When I call you out on the theory supposedly being something no townie would plausibly think of, you say it's unimportant.  But now when your other arguments are coming under fire (or proven to be completely false) the theory is all that matters?  Please.  This stinks really bad.  It's one thing to defend a bad theory but this smells like you're deliberately trying to pull something.  I'd vote if I could think of what reason you have to so desperately want this to stay front and center of town attention. 

FoS mantlepiecek

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:

Oh and don't expect an HoS from me. I'm not that gently. If I ever get enough material, I'll vote you directly~

tabaha said:
theprof00 said:

Oh and don't expect an HoS from me. I'm not that gently. If I ever get enough material, I'll vote you directly~

I just don't think you have the balls to vote for someone you know is town, hence the "hos"

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Translation:

"I'm in the hot seat for a lynch, so let me start the day by saying I trust the three people who can potentially start a lynch train on me (especially prof)."

That would be a possible reason.  If you'd care to make a case about the "hot seat", we could start something. 

On the other hand, there's already tabaha in front of us. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

theprof00 said:

The only problem I have with your analysis is that you're treating him as if he's you. You do this every time linkz. Everyone is not you.
People are fallible :D

Beep.  Boop.  I am a robot. 

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

The only problem I have with your analysis is that you're treating him as if he's you. You do this every time linkz. Everyone is not you.
People are fallible :D

Beep.  Boop.  I am a robot. 

Final-Fan said:

there's already tabaha in front of us. 

And yoshiya, apparently?  Those votals, so tricksy. 

Final-Fan said:

This is amazing.  When I got involved with this argument, it was for the precise reason that you were acting like a two mafia theory was strange and suspicious for someone to think of without having special information about this round.  (It had been one of four reasons you'd given for suspecting DT, another two revolving around zero.)  When I argued that I thought it was a pretty reasonable possibility to think of (p.21@50), you didn't directly respond AFAIK, but responded indirectly in a post to DT by throwing that point out and reiterating the other 3, saying that they were your main reason and I had failed to realize that the point about the "3+3 theory" was just a sideshow.  (And that DT was clearly desperate for citing my rebuttal as something important to your argument.) 

Mantle.  Seriously.  This is not just flip-flopping.  You are blatantly moving the goalposts here.  When I call you out on the theory supposedly being something no townie would plausibly think of, you say it's unimportant.  But now when your other arguments are coming under fire (or proven to be completely false) the theory is all that matters?  Please.  This stinks really bad.  It's one thing to defend a bad theory but this smells like you're deliberately trying to pull something.  I'd vote if I could think of what reason you have to so desperately want this to stay front and center of town attention. 

FoS mantlepiecek

At first it was to push for a DT lynch. Then, well, he had to answer the questions otherwise it would be scummy of him.