By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Here's my million dollar question.
Why would he lie, and if so...

Why did people feel so strongly about him being a liar yesterday?
There really was no reason to distrust him.

Why do you lie when town?

It was pointed out yesterDay, why the "scan" was not to be trusted, which in turn led to distrust of him. Anyone willing and capable of reading should have the same reason.

I ask you, why would you trust him when all of the evidence points against what he said?

you say every time "all the evidence", but as you and I both know, evidence falls flat sometimes, and people very much do make blistering mistakes sometimes. Is it possible that a player might have shot first and scanned second? I think so. Why? Well, say he was very confident, and only had one investigation. He doesn't want to waste the investigation, so he just takes the shot. He misses and then feels like an idiot, so then hopes to recover himself by scanning a mafia for real. That seems like not only a very possible scenario, but also a plausible scenario, and depending on the player, maybe even a likely scenario.

Then regarding the talk with him voting mario etc etc, do I think it's possible that he saw a connection to tabaha and went after mario too? Yes that's possible. Might he have gotten off track of what he should be doing, trying to get reads out of this new connection? Yes, that's possible.

More importantly, does this behavior ring consistently of a kid in a candy shop with a loaded gun and an investigation? I'm afraid so.
Looking at his play, not only does shooting "first", and "jumping onto mario from his connection with tabaha" show a lack of self control and focus, but also from the fact that he shot into a crowd of players at a victim who's only real mistake was being most suspicious in the meta-group of 3 sidekicks.

So yeah, I think his behavior was very consistent, and I don't think the "hard evidence" really holds a candle to the consistency f his actions.
One thing he hadn't demonstrated? Lying. Lying would have been a NEW behavior. Sure perhaps lying could 'consistently' result from his overeager personality, but he really didn't need to lie, did he?

He was expressly asked WHY he thought mario and tabaha were scum, and he provided reasoning. Why didn't he just say he scanned Mario? He was right! Why make up a lie ONLY about tabaha, to convince people of what he was saying was true? He didn't need to lie about Mario....and someone was definitely listening.

The evidence doesn't stop at "he should have scanned first and then shot." The evidence is he shot before he participated at all, then he came in talking about how ABC was scum and he wanted the day to be over with. So I'm to assume he learned a massive lesson and decided to be more reserved about using his scan?

I don't recall him voting mario, but there was a vote for Miz after he "voted" ABC. So again, I should assume he held off on an investigation after blowing his shot right away? That is very inconsistent behavior.

The question for you wasn't purely rhetorical. Everything beyond tying Mario and tabaha together as scum(though I would argue if tabaha is scum that he's not aligned with Mario) showed a lack of deep thought. He unvoted tabaha, voted for a time limit, and was going to vote for mantle on top of everything. Even his story about wanting to kill two birds made no sense. He could have easily scanned first, hopefully getting scum which would be the lynch of the day AND kill someone he thought was scummy before the day ended.

None of his actions fit with actually having a scan.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Here's my million dollar question.
Why would he lie, and if so...

Why did people feel so strongly about him being a liar yesterday?
There really was no reason to distrust him.

Why do you lie when town?

It was pointed out yesterDay, why the "scan" was not to be trusted, which in turn led to distrust of him. Anyone willing and capable of reading should have the same reason.

I ask you, why would you trust him when all of the evidence points against what he said?

you say every time "all the evidence", but as you and I both know, evidence falls flat sometimes, and people very much do make blistering mistakes sometimes. Is it possible that a player might have shot first and scanned second? I think so. Why? Well, say he was very confident, and only had one investigation. He doesn't want to waste the investigation, so he just takes the shot. He misses and then feels like an idiot, so then hopes to recover himself by scanning a mafia for real. That seems like not only a very possible scenario, but also a plausible scenario, and depending on the player, maybe even a likely scenario.

Then regarding the talk with him voting mario etc etc, do I think it's possible that he saw a connection to tabaha and went after mario too? Yes that's possible. Might he have gotten off track of what he should be doing, trying to get reads out of this new connection? Yes, that's possible.

More importantly, does this behavior ring consistently of a kid in a candy shop with a loaded gun and an investigation? I'm afraid so.
Looking at his play, not only does shooting "first", and "jumping onto mario from his connection with tabaha" show a lack of self control and focus, but also from the fact that he shot into a crowd of players at a victim who's only real mistake was being most suspicious in the meta-group of 3 sidekicks.

So yeah, I think his behavior was very consistent, and I don't think the "hard evidence" really holds a candle to the consistency f his actions.
One thing he hadn't demonstrated? Lying. Lying would have been a NEW behavior. Sure perhaps lying could 'consistently' result from his overeager personality, but he really didn't need to lie, did he?

He was expressly asked WHY he thought mario and tabaha were scum, and he provided reasoning. Why didn't he just say he scanned Mario? He was right! Why make up a lie ONLY about tabaha, to convince people of what he was saying was true? He didn't need to lie about Mario....and someone was definitely listening.

The evidence doesn't stop at "he should have scanned first and then shot." The evidence is he shot before he participated at all, then he came in talking about how ABC was scum and he wanted the day to be over with. So I'm to assume he learned a massive lesson and decided to be more reserved about using his scan?

I don't recall him voting mario, but there was a vote for Miz after he "voted" ABC. So again, I should assume he held off on an investigation after blowing his shot right away? That is very inconsistent behavior.

The question for you wasn't purely rhetorical. Everything beyond tying Mario and tabaha together as scum(though I would argue if tabaha is scum that he's not aligned with Mario) showed a lack of deep thought. He unvoted tabaha, voted for a time limit, and was going to vote for mantle on top of everything. Even his story about wanting to kill two birds made no sense. He could have easily scanned first, hopefully getting scum which would be the lynch of the day AND kill someone he thought was scummy before the day ended.

None of his actions fit with actually having a scan.

The only problem I have with your analysis is that you're treating him as if he's you. You do this every time linkz. Everyone is not you.
People are fallible :D

theprof00 said:
Brb, gunna smoke while I try to control my laughter

You're one cruel bastard, you know that. XD

Then again, if you really are cop, it's dumb of you to reveal something like that so soon, and also, tabs would be one of the easiest players to bus night 1, just sayin'.

I also went back and looked at 9TC's contribution and now I remember why I can't bring myself to trust his investigation.

ninetailschris said:

I gave my vote what let for me to do but read

Abc. Lynch

Then he moved on to miz

ninetailschris said:
vote: mix

Scum mostly likely .

Read up everything looks obvious at this point.

Then he went on with his little dance about the 6 players, 2 scum, 3 town and 1 neutral and only after that did he vote tabaha

ninetailschris said:
vote: tabaha

Unlynch miz

Only to unvote him later

ninetailschris said:
unvote: tab. Vote: time limit

So I think that's more than enough for me to think he didn't really investigate tabaha.

Signature goes here!

aaand just like that my research is pointless...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

The only problem I have with your analysis is that you're treating him as if he's you. You do this every time linkz. Everyone is not you.
People are fallible :D

You are treating inconsistency as if it was very consistent. And here's a yummy treat!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4914414
"Lol Mario 

Not telling people yet I clearly told why in my hints.

but it's funny since I consider you neutral or town because of what you said earlier and acted."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4914921
"mario on the is obviously mafia based on how quick he jumps on lynches but earlier(day ago) he said something that made instantly see he is mafia . If you ask me to quote I would have browse back a bit."

It's not just being fallible. It's being oustandingly bad all day except for an instant of unbelievable goodness.

Sorry to ninja your hard work. On the plus side, this whole thing makes me think prof is town. I'd explain why, but it's nicer just to leave it at that. =D

Tabaha, what's wrong?
It's been 20 minutes since your last post

Did you think I had a guilty investigation on you or something?

Lemme guess "I was making a sandwich HoS prof!!"

Linkzmax said:
Sorry to ninja your hard work. On the plus side, this whole thing makes me think prof is town. I'd explain why, but it's nicer just to leave it at that. =D

It's ok, no worries.

You do have a point about nine. It's just pretty amazing that he found two scum just like that.