By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

And for the record, just because 9TC ABSOLUTELY DIDN'T HAVE AN INVESTIGATION MIZ, that doesn't mean he's not a legitimate suspect. Plenty of suspicion fell on him for good reason yesterDay, and 9TC already proved to have good instincts after his early disastrous kill (but, mind you, that was before he really started participating).

FoS tabaha

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
mantlepiecek said:

The bolded isn't wrong imo at least.

DT said he is suspicious of zero - then zero said that at least one person amongst 4 who were pushing him were scum - then DT said that it is possible through statistics since there are 1 scum out of 4 players as a ratio - I asked does that work even if zero was scum? LIke he thought at the time - He said it is possible scum of opposite factions/3rd party serial killers may vote other parties since they try and get a mislynch - Said he didn't know how 3rd party players play since he has never been 3rd party so he maybe wrong.

This is in short why I think DT is scum. That is apart from what he said later on - he asked if I was on the second team.

If you separate out "there may be two mafia factions" from "I (DT) suspect zero is on one and it's likely someone who voted him is on the other", then the two mafia factions theory isn't highly improbable at all IMO. 

If you don't separate them but only consider it as a whole, then yeah it is pretty convoluted.  But there are plently of players that settle on a suspicion and do weird mental gymnastics to try and justify it.  If anything it's a town trait since scum don't normally have reason to stick their neck out going after a lynch. 

In fact, what did his math about the likelihood of mafia being on any given lynch have to do with anything at all? 

Why would he suspect zero is one and someone else is on another? He was using statistics, it was pure mathematics without inclusion of feelings about other players who were pushing for zero.

He said it is possible that someone is scum from the 4 who pushed zero - after saying he is suspicious of zero. To me that means he thought there are 2 scum teams before this. But how and why?

Him saying he doesn't know how 3rd party players play is really really weird in my eyes, since he did say that ninetails could be sk who changed his PM during day 1.

I specifically asked him how is it that he thinks a scum player will try and push suspicion on his teammate on day 1 - to which he replied it could be possible that there is 3 + 3 scum or an SK trying to mislynch. That is about as far-fetched as anything. He had obviously not thought much about it.

He then later said that 3 + 3 scum theory is just a theory. But why make that theory? And then to accept it as truth, and use it along with statistics for supporting zero's claim that there is one scum pushing for zero out of 4?

^He used it as his most likely scenario, and that is reasonable. What's so lynch-worthy about that?

happydolphin said:
^He used it as his most likely scenario, and that is reasonable. What's so lynch-worthy about that?

There was no reason to consider it the most-likely scenario on day 1 with no information whatsoever.

He said he doesn't know how third party play because he has never been one. I have never, ever been a 3rd party player. And yet I can very well guess if someone is SK or 3rd party in general. In fact, I did it in my first game although it was on day 5 or something. And not a very sure guess until trucks helped.

He tried justifying his theory with weak reasoning. He had to stick to that theory because else he would be caught acting.

Well I'm happy that a mafia got killed tonight without the loss of any town power role.

What I am not happy about is how I acted when 9TC said he had scanned  me and the result was me being scum. He could have been useful for town if he stopped lying. I shouldn't have voted for him when he said i was scum. I failed there and I admit it. I was panicking and facepalming way too much to do things properly. But point is, i can't think of a way to convince people that he was lying and making sure he wouldn't kill me the day after. I literally have zer0 credibility as a player here. And let's be sincere, mafia probably knows pretty well that he was lying and tried/is trying to use it on its favor.

If there's people that believe that 9TC was lying about the scan, please keep an eye in who already voted me on this day.

And btw, mafia is probably thanking god that mario has died tonight and filpped scum. He had no important role and it put some credibility on 9TC so people can trust his scan on me easily

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
miz1q2w3e said:
mantlepiecek said:

Ninetails was indeed clever to be suspicious of mario. Unfortunately he quoted his pm. Wth.

Two mafia team is looking more and more likely and this cements my suspicions on DT even more.

There are certain things I looked back on during day 1, and I realize that linkz, prof, and happy are probably town.

I would like spurge to really participate (where is he?), and at the moment I know that this guy at least, is confirmed scum.

Vote : HaxtonFale

Here we go again... Now what's that supposed to mean exactly?

I have already talked about why I think haxton is scum. His vote on NT is the best proof you can ever have that he is scum.

Only his vote? According to my notes i noticed other people pretty hungry on getting 9TC lynched

mantlepiecek said:
happydolphin said:

There was no reason to consider it the most-likely scenario on day 1 with no information whatsoever.

He said he doesn't know how third party play because he has never been one. I have never, ever been a 3rd party player. And yet I can very well guess if someone is SK or 3rd party in general. In fact, I did it in my first game although it was on day 5 or something. And not a very sure guess until trucks helped.

He tried justifying his theory with weak reasoning. He had to stick to that theory because else he would be caught acting.

You're about one qualification away from saying you were totally cluless, lol.  And refresh my memory, was he using his "i don't know how third parties think" to justify uncertainty (reasonable) or to support totally throwing up his hands and absolving himself of having to form an opinion about whether someone is third party? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

DarkThanatos said:
mantlepiecek said:
DanneSandin said:
mantlepiecek said:

Vote : HaxtonFale

I have my suspisions about haxton myself, but wouldn't tabaha be a more... obvious choice?! 9TC pointed out both of Mario and him as scum.

True true. I think he is scum as well. But I am not sure about it.

However I am sure about haxton.

Are you claiming an investigative role here Mantle? 

Why are you certain? If you do have a valid reason youa re certain of his scummyness I will follow you on it, and if he is town then we will lynch you tomorrow. 

Why am I getting the feeling you are asking for too many roles on this round already?

tabaha said:
mantlepiecek said:

I have already talked about why I think haxton is scum. His vote on NT is the best proof you can ever have that he is scum.

Only his vote? According to my notes i noticed other people pretty hungry on getting 9TC lynched

Yeah but haxton did it in classic bandwagon style and without explanation IIRC.  Mantle definitely has reason for that suspicion.  In fact let me give Haxton a little extra incentive to defend himself: 

Vote Haxton

But let's not get too close to lynching until he's had ample chance to do so. 

miz1q2w3e said:
Guys, I believe what 9TC was saying before he died. All of it.

Vote: tabaha

please explain how you passed from:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4915771 ++ http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4915810 ++ http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4915825

to now believing what he said