By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

theprof00 said:
His exact first claim was that he could shoot everyday and investigate once.
And that he could do the investigate as well as shooting in that one day.

I dont see how that role is entirely unbelievable, seeing as we know nothing about mafia roles and counters or anything like that. It's a meta reasoning as to why he should have been lynched yesterday and i see linkz is content to use his tired broken reasoning and be wrong again and again as well.

Vigilante is a very swingy role that in the wrong hands just bevomes another mafia kill. Giving it a single cop ability isnt that unbelievable, even if its during the same day hes shooting. Theres no guarantee hed even cop a scum for that matter.

I agree with this. That said, did he say he investigated tabaha? I don't have the link off hand. Because we do know he suspected tabaha and Mario, but which one was investigated?

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Here's my million dollar question.
1) Why would he lie, and if so...

2) Why did people feel so strongly about him being a liar yesterday?
There really was no reason to distrust him.

1) My guess would be that he wanted to redeem himself and since he was so sure of tabaha's scuminess he went for it all guns blazing by pretending to have a guilty scan on him.

2) For me, it was the "too good to be true" angle that made me doubt his claim. Are you saying that you believed (or still believe) that he could shoot and investigate two players during the day and everyday as he described?

It's: investegate someone, and shoot them if scum, not two people in the same day. You're wording it that way on prupose...

Stefl and tabaha, that's two players.

Signature goes here!

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
His exact first claim was that he could shoot everyday and investigate once.
And that he could do the investigate as well as shooting in that one day.

I dont see how that role is entirely unbelievable, seeing as we know nothing about mafia roles and counters or anything like that. It's a meta reasoning as to why he should have been lynched yesterday and i see linkz is content to use his tired broken reasoning and be wrong again and again as well.

Vigilante is a very swingy role that in the wrong hands just bevomes another mafia kill. Giving it a single cop ability isnt that unbelievable, even if its during the same day hes shooting. Theres no guarantee hed even cop a scum for that matter.

I agree with this. That said, did he say he investigated tabaha? I don't have the link off hand. Because we do know he suspected tabaha and Mario, but which one was investigated?

Yes, it's in the post Miz linked to earlier : post

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Here's my million dollar question.
1) Why would he lie, and if so...

2) Why did people feel so strongly about him being a liar yesterday?
There really was no reason to distrust him.

1) My guess would be that he wanted to redeem himself and since he was so sure of tabaha's scuminess he went for it all guns blazing by pretending to have a guilty scan on him.

2) For me, it was the "too good to be true" angle that made me doubt his claim. Are you saying that you believed (or still believe) that he could shoot and investigate two players during the day and everyday as he described?

It's: investegate someone, and shoot them if scum, not two people in the same day. You're wording it that way on prupose...

Stefl and tabaha, that's two players.

Yes, I realized how that post could be read another way, only after I posted it.

He had the ability to investigate someone and shoot someone.

happydolphin said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4919758

He said he investigated tabaha.

Around the Network

Was there anyone yesterday who doubted ONLY the investigation ability, but not his towniness?

^Right. It's possible, especially since he was 1-shot.

theprof00 said:
Was there anyone yesterday who doubted ONLY the investigation ability, but not his towniness?

A quick overview of page 29 to 9TC's roleclaim shows that pretty much everyone was considering the idea of him being scum (as SK or Mafia for some).

Signature goes here!

Yoshiya said:
DarkThanatos said:

Are you claiming an investigative role here Mantle? 

Why are you certain? If you do have a valid reason youa re certain of his scummyness I will follow you on it, and if he is town then we will lynch you tomorrow. 

It sounds like all you need to suddenly trust your "biggest scumspect" is for him to say he is an investigative role here. Isn't that a pretty big turn around? How do you know Mantle isn't just a rolecop scum trying to get rid of a powerful town role and you are willing to change you mind on him that quickly?

Sigh. I'm not trusting him. I'm trying to catch him out and at the same time, get a win-win. 

If he is trying to get rid of a powerful role then that Haxton will claim and we will stop. If he is a rolecop then Mafia will already know the role so it doesn't matter if that player claims, and then we would know Mantle was scum and would kill him. 

If Mantle is town, and has a role which can find scum, then he would have found scum, we would lynch Haxton, and then the doc would protect Mantle. 

By doing this it's a win-win for town. I find your push on me here when I'm trying to setup a win-win disturbing. 

HoS Yoshiya

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

EBWOB ^
"If there is a rolecop then Mafia will already know the role"

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War