By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Exclusives vs Microsoft Exclusives 1m+ sellers.

JayWood2010 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I guess I don't have much to add to this conversation, aside from agreeing with many here that the parameters for these lists seem tailored to produce a winning side. I just don't get why PC isn't included in the framework of this discussion. Surely that is a legitimate platform. Why limit it to consoles, unless you want Xbox to look like it has more exclusives than it really has? There are many reasons to buy an Xbox; no need to inflate the numbers.

Both is included now.  And if I wanted to inflate numbers I wouldve included XBLA and Timed Exclusives.

Well, I do appreciate that. And I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way.

I've just noticed that some threads treat PC on equal footing with home consoles, and others don't. And it doesn't make much sense to me. It's a video game platform. It should be included in any conversation about video games.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
JayWood2010 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I guess I don't have much to add to this conversation, aside from agreeing with many here that the parameters for these lists seem tailored to produce a winning side. I just don't get why PC isn't included in the framework of this discussion. Surely that is a legitimate platform. Why limit it to consoles, unless you want Xbox to look like it has more exclusives than it really has? There are many reasons to buy an Xbox; no need to inflate the numbers.

Both is included now.  And if I wanted to inflate numbers I wouldve included XBLA and Timed Exclusives.

Well, I do appreciate that. And I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way.

I've just noticed that some threads treat PC on equal footing with home consoles, and others don't. And it doesn't make much sense to me. It's a video game platform. It should be included in any conversation about video games.

I play all of my multiplatform games on PC and love my PC.  However they're not competing with the console market which is why I exclude them in debates like this. Now if we were talking about steam, vs XBL, Origin, PSN, etc I'd include them.  Even then though I dont have there numbers.  

And no I didn't take your comment offensive.  Just tired of seeing people complain in general.

JayWood2010 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
JayWood2010 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I play all of my multiplatform games on PC and love my PC.  However they're not competing with the console market which is why I exclude them in debates like this. Now if we were talking about steam, vs XBL, Origin, PSN, etc I'd include them.  Even then though I dont have there numbers.  

And no I didn't take your comment offensive.  Just tired of seeing people complain in general.

Fair enough. Sometimes it's easy to criticize a thread without considering all the time and energy that went into it, and I'm sometimes guilty of that too.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. So would you agree that the Xbox relies more on three or four heavy-hitters, and PS3 is a little more spread out? Surely the Xbox has the numbers, but does it have the better portfolio?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
JayWood2010 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
JayWood2010 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Fair enough. Sometimes it's easy to criticize a thread without considering all the time and energy that went into it, and I'm sometimes guilty of that too.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. So would you agree that the Xbox relies more on three or four heavy-hitters, and PS3 is a little more spread out? Surely the Xbox has the numbers, but does it have the better portfolio?

Of course I would agree with that.  Microsoft primarily relies on Halo, Gears, Forza, fable, and kinect.  People has read into this thread wrong.  If you ask me what has the better exclusives I will say Sony because they have a diverse profile.  But if you ask me who is more successful i will say microsoft. I like both for different reasons.  this thread was primariyl in reply to one person.

I see a lot of games I would rather play on my PC than on my 360 >_>