By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lament of a gamer.

It was a sad day when my PS3 had broken. I mourned for it. I loved it. We had a steady relationship until it stopped so suddenly. It left me. Left me in this cruel world with no shoulder to cry on. I tried to move on. Tried to continue my life with such a big part of my heart ripped out so suddenly. I couldn't stand it. Slowly, I became insane. I locked myself in my room with the corpse of the 160GB slim PS3. Tried to revive it like some mad Scientist. I fiddled with it until I couldn't put it back together. I was even more depressed than ever. I yelled at the God who allowed such a cruel thing to happen. Why must this happen to me!? Why? I loved it. I cared for it. I did everything with it. Now that it's gone... I haven't been able to concentrate in school so I dropped out. My Girlfriend dumped me. My life was slowly crumbling. I spiralled into depression. I started to drink and take drugs. I became associated with the wrong people. I got myself in a gang fight and ended up in an Ambulance. I knew it was going to happen. I saw the light. My PS3 was staring down at me from Heaven... I was going to join it. I reached for it, gripping at whatever I could. Sadly, a Game console has no arms, and I snapped back into reality. I was staring at a ceiling. Machines were plugged into me. It was a hospital. I looked up at my family. My dad, my mum, my uncles and aunties. Even my sister (Whom I hate). They all stared down at me. But there was something missing... Something I had missed for a long, long time. Something that had been sitting in one of my doors, collecting dust. Something I once loved. My ex...

I leaped up, tearing the tubes that were supplying me blood off. I barged past my family and ran for the exit. I was going home. Back to the one I was blind too. The one that had always been there for me. The one thing I could turn to when things went bad. My heart raced as I panted down the street in a Hospital gown. Heads turned and eyes diverted but I didn't care. She was waiting for me... 

When I first recieved a DS lite, I left it to play with my new toy. I ran around with another love. But when that DS lite left this world, she was there to comfort me. But then I got a DSi and the same thing happened. I swapped my DSi with my little cousins DSiXL as his hands were much too small to hold the gigantic console. (Or mini Laptop as my auntie would call it). I pranced around in glee, leaving her behind. Until it broke as well. Again, I cried for it. My attempts to fix it were in vain. She was there to comfort me again.  Bringing me one of the greatest games I've ever played. I had hours upon hours of fun until my birthday came up. It was then I thought I met my true love...

My new PS3, a console I had never owned before. It was a gem to me. It looked so amazing and played so smoothly. My heart ached for it. I left her behind and enjoyed games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone and so much more. I thought my life was set. I was going to be happy together with the shiny console. I soon got a 3DS after that as well. My 3DS provided even more entertainment. The one I had left behind wasn't even being considered. It was lost in the enormous shadows of the PS3 and 3DS. It collected dust. It was shifted to box to box. Room to room. But I didn't care. I had the PS3 and 3DS. Who cared for it anymore now that I had such an amazing duo. Soon, I grew bored of the 3DS. I had finished Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus: Uprising, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. I diverted my full attention to my PS3. It grew in beauty. More amazing games were coming to it. I bought the Sly Trilogy, Shadow of the Colossus HD, Sonic Adventure 2 HD. I was reliving my childhood... The greatest thing anyone/thing could do for me. It was amazing. But I noticed something about the PS3... Something was off about it. I would sometimes catch it making weird sounds. It scared me but the PS3 would always reassure me by turning on a classic of a game and making me lose myself in it's beauty. However, it was nothing to ignore and my PS3 stopped suddenly. Artifacts scribbled the screen in it's mocking way and I cursed at the TV. That is where the story began... That is when I realised my true love...

I reached my house. I was panting hard and I was feeling dizzy. I shook my head and darted up the stairs reaching my room. She was gone... But who took her?! Boxes were thrown and tables were flipped in the frantic search. I finally found it in the storage room... There it was. Standing on top of a stack of wires and a few more boxes. I waded through all the trash and picked her up. It was in pretty bad shape. I ran to my room and searched for the necessary wires. I found them and plugged it all in. I cried in joy when I heard the familiar startup of such a beautiful console. I searched for the game... The game which I had started but never finished... I found it in a stack of discs... I blew hard removing the dust which had settled over an 8 month period, inserted the disc and continued from where I left off. It was a magnificent scene to see it working after so long.

Such a beautiful system which I had neglected for so long. a system which has been with me through thick and thin. The greatest gift I had ever recieved. I love you Wii. <3

Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Wii and Xenoblade! A system which will never falter! A system which will always be there for you.

Never give up, Wii. Even if you're not in the spotlight, I still notice you and so will the world come your child, Wii U.

Around the Network

At least your Wii didn't bug out like this one.

spurgeonryan said:
Are you sure that is not his youtube video?

He would have probably commented in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149189&page=1#35 .  I read the entire op and didn't even notice that Hackles made this thread...  Just goes to show you that I don't pay that much attention to users without avatars.  You need an avatar Hackles!  I bet D21 could come up with a good one for you to use.

sethnintendo said:
spurgeonryan said:
Are you sure that is not his youtube video?

He would have probably commented in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149189&page=1#35 .  I read the entire op and didn't even notice that Hackles made this thread...  Just goes to show you that I don't pay that much attention to users without avatars.  You need an avatar Hackles!  I bet D21 could come up with a good one for you to use.

Yeah, I tried to change it but it wouldn't work... I'll add one sometime soon.

So are you going to get your PS3 fixed? If it isn't that expensive repair might as well or get new one on a good sale.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
So are you going to get your PS3 fixed? If it isn't that expensive repair might as well or get new one on a good sale.

I'm going to get a new one sometime next year.

I'm getting a Wii U for christmas and Nintendo takes priority :P

But yeah, it's quite expensive. (Sorry for the late reply)