By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie's Destiny 'quite like Halo' - Report

So...is this a good thing?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
So...is this a good thing?

Depends on you if it is or not.  I believe in Bungie and I think it will turn out to be a great game.  

Having played the first two chapters of Halo 4 already... I am happy to hear Destiny might be more like Halo because Halo 4 is far removed from the things I liked about Halo. Halo 4 is missing soundtrack from Marty O'Donnel, and is much more of a corridor shooter than the sandbox shooter design of Halo that I enjoy while keeping the lack of iron sights for aiming... so it is neither a good Call of Duty contender nor a good Halo game finding itself in the middle.

Don't get me wrong... I still think Halo 4 is quality game with high production values and many modes of play and all that... but it isn't a Sandbox Shooter anymore and so it doesn't have the same feel of Halo game. But at least it is fresh and isn't about the Flood which I really disliked in Halo (always).

I think Bungie got some real talent and am very enthusiastic to see their next series take some fresh steps on while retaining some of the old charm of Halo games.