By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Sells Over 3 Million Units Opening Day

Tagged games:

smbu2000 said:

You all need to lay off of ethomaz. He's just waiting for the MS PR, which they release after a big Halo launch, to confirm VGC numbers. 

I'm curious how they'll be as well. MS usually states revenue although this time there are only two versions of the game and no legendary edition to artificially increase the revenue.

Probably won't add much to launch figures, but the JP launch wasn't until today 11/8. I should have my Limited Edition waiting for me once I get home from work!

It's rather annoying that people post about being stalked when they visit other areas of the forum then leap on top of posters in threads here.  It's not like he's said anything remotely trolling (yet)....

Around the Network
pezus said:
No news of PR?

Weird but no.

Who the hell will post PR at PST 5:30am,plus NPD is coming,they likely ready the PR of NPD Oct first
I'm not even surprise if they announce first week sales,not firs day this time

YukanaSenix said:
fillet said:
What do people think of the European numbers? I found that most my friends are all COD peeps. Lots of people only have an Xbox 360 to play COD and that's it!

Shame Europe doesn't really love Halo.

Europe has a different and BETTER taste in games than the USA.
Alone that CoD on the PS3 is selling better than on the 360 here shows how much we love more the PS3 and thats a good thing.
We hold gaming still high and give developers that aren't make generic shooter # 23424 a chance.

PS3 is king here and Halo isn't available on that platform and people won't buy a platform for one decent game that they can't get ten times better on their beloved platform like everything else.

Oh and shame the USA really doesn't love Gran Turismo(5) or even their own Racing Franchise Forza(4).Different taste in games and different interest in genres.
Just for example the Top10 PreOrder Chart from Germany
1. ( 6 ) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3, Activision)
2. ( 2 ) Halo 4 (Xbox 360, Microsoft)
3. ( 7 ) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360, Activision)
4. ( 8 ) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Hardened Edition (Xbox 360, Activision)
5. (NEU) Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Rockstar)
6. ( 4 ) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Hardened Edition (PS3, Activision)
7. (10 ) Halo 4 Limited Edition (Xbox 360, Microsoft)
8. (NEU) Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, Rockstar)
9. (NEU) Hitman Absolution (PS3, Square Enix)
10.(NEU) LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3, Sony)

PS3 nearly everywhere ahead and even LBP Karting is in there cause we don't care what IGN says(while everyone is giving it a 8/9 from 10 and so on)

You say PS3 gamers have better taste and have more preorders for COD. lol you just killed your own argument.

The only reason why COD 360 preorders are down is because of Halo 4. Where as you arent buying exclusives rather your buying a multiplat that sells better on 360 anyway.

The religious overtones is strong with you. Ironically I would compare it to Elites reverring the Forerunners as Gods when they in reality aren't and were actually very flawed as a race.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ethomaz said:
pezus said:
No news of PR?

Weird but no.

what do you mean by weird

Around the Network

Halo continues to be huge for M$. I can't wait to get my hands on this soon.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

ZaneWane said:
ethomaz said:
pezus said:
No news of PR?

Weird but no.

what do you mean by weird

Microsoft always do PR one or two days after release of a big game... it's not a bad weird just time time they are a little late.... I want PR now.

Ahh, I love those numbers. More $$$ for MS.

No MS PR yet?

Odd. MS gives their PR about now.

Unless they want to make a "1st week" PR.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.