By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 4 Best looking game this Gen!

This is not up for dispute, I'm just stating my opinion lol. It looks so F-ing incredible! Anyone else think its the best this console gen (so far), or is Uncarted 3 still king in your eyes? I'm hesitant to post any screen shots/comparisons because none of them do the beauty of the campaign any justice. I just want to hear from people who have actually played the game.

One things for sure, if a 360 game can look that good imagine what Metroid Prime will look like on Wii U!?!?!? *faints*

Around the Network

At the very beginning I was seriously disappointed. The ship and everything just looked so meh.

But then the scenery changed and at that overlook I was like woah! Defiantly the best looking 360 game.

teigaga said:

This is not up for dispute, I'm just stating my opinion lol. It looks so F-ing incredible! Anyone else think its the best this console gen (so far), or is Uncarted 3 still king in your eyes? I'm hesitant to post any screen shots/comparisons because none of them do the beauty of the campaign any justice. I just want to hear from people who have actually played the game.

One things for sure, if a 360 game can look that good imagine what Metroid Prime will look like on Wii U!?!?!? *faints*

On X360 yes.  The scenery, world, guns, everything looks great.  I like how they put you behind Masterchiefs visor and make you feel like you are on a whole different planet as some of the scenery is huge.  

Including PS3 you could argue between Uncharted and Halo 4.  No need on comparing as they all look good for being on consoles which are both limited.

If we are including PC not even close.

JayWood2010 said:
teigaga said:

On X360 yes.  The scenery, world, guns, everything looks great.  I like how they put you behind Masterchiefs visor and make you feel like you are on a whole different planet as some of the scenery is huge.  

Including PS3 you could argue between Uncharted and Halo 4.  No need on comparing as they all look good for being on consoles which are both limited.

Now I think of it, I don't think I've seen any PC games which I would say look as good. There are a ton that are technically more impressive, but in terms of the overall aesthetic Halo 4 surpases them IMO.

teigaga said:
JayWood2010 said:
teigaga said:

Now I think of it, I don't think I've seen any PC games which I would say look as good. There are a ton that are technically more impressive, but in terms of the overall aesthetic Halo 4 surpases them IMO.

Let's not take it that far. I'm not going to post videos or pictures but PC is 7 years ahead of X360 so I'll leave it at that. 

Around the Network

I'm not even a fan of the genre or even the graphical style, but what I see from this game impressed me.

Realistic yet completely unrealistic.
I really love the halo color palette too, since the first game those purples and greens are fantastic.

I will humbly say that, graphically, Halo 4 does its job very nicely.

Best looking 360 game for sure but overall? Don't think so, yet to play the game though. Will buy when I have enough euros to get Gold for a few months/year.

I looked at a few screens and didn't think much of it. After looking at more on Eurogamer though, I thought the lighting was absolutely stunning in some shots. The game has a very clean look. Not sure if it's the best looking game on consoles, I'll have to play it first before I decide that, from what I've seen I don't think it is though.

CGI-Quality said:
teigaga said:

Now I think of it, I don't think I've seen any PC games which I would say look as good. 

Let's not go that far, or you will invite many PC folks to post screenshots / footage that will troll this place. ;)

In truth, Halo 4 is probably the best looking FPS on console(s) as well as best looking 360 title, but definitely not ahead of top PC titles. Aesthetics or otherwise.

No, I stand by what I said. Its a personal preference. when I look at the best looking PC games; Crysis, Battlefield, Witcher 2 I can honestly say that I find Halo 4 more stunning. The same way I would say Mario Galaxy trumps many HD platformers in the visuals department.