By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318
Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
noname2200 said:
And fewer Republicans did: Romney got just over 2 million fewer votes than John McCain.

That part isn't true. Romney is only about 1 million votes under McCain now, and they're not done counting. He should end up with about 3-4 million more votes than McCain. Similarly, Obama is probably going to be only down about 1-2 million votes from 2008, not the 10 million everyone has been saying. Seems like everyone is just comparing election night tallies of 2012 to the final tally from 2008, when it tooks weeks to arrive at that final count.

I still don't understand why it takes this long to get there. It's the 21st century, we should have an infrastructure for secure, instantaneous voting

Nobody trusts voting machines... they're afraid people are going to tamper with them.

I would trust them more than thousands upon millions of paper ballots. My grandma told me stories of her dad, big in local politics, who saw people jam graphite under their finger-nails so that, as they counted ballots, they could mark them as they chose discretely.

So would I, but hey, you know.  Most people are scared to death of "hacking" and computers and such.

Nevermind they could just have both parties have diagnostic guys look at the machines if they were worried about it.