By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318

The guardian made an graphic novel about the campaign:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2012/nov/06/america-elect-graphic-novel

Around the Network

Obama will have a strong lead today, until the Republicans get off of work! - Neogaf..

=p.

Lostplanet22 said:
Obama will have a strong lead today, until the Republicans get off of work! - Neogaf..

=p.

It's funny, if only because American voting patterns tend to be the exact opposite.

Democrats vote before the election.  Republicans in the mornings, and democrats tend to vote late.

So really, in yoru typical election democrats have a lead going into election day,   Republicans then take the lead, and the end of the day is decided by how many democrats go out and vote at the end of the day.

Kasz216 said:

Missed that...

Which i also find confusing because well...

from everything i remember.   Gore was favored to win in all of the polls.

It's part of why everybody was so pissed.

I remember Gore having like a 10% poll advantage a month or so before the election then somehow losing.

Maybe i'm thinking of exit polling at the end I dunno.

Remeber Gore did win the popular vote, and if every vote in Florida was recounted he had a good chance at winning the electoral vote.

Soleron said:
Kasz216 said:

Missed that...

Which i also find confusing because well...

from everything i remember.   Gore was favored to win in all of the polls.

It's part of why everybody was so pissed.

I remember Gore having like a 10% poll advantage a month or so before the election then somehow losing.

Maybe i'm thinking of exit polling at the end I dunno.

Remeber Gore did win the popular vote, and if every vote in Florida was recounted he had a good chance at winning the electoral vote.

He didn't win by 10%.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

He didn't win by 10%.

The polls didn't have him 10% up. That's an absurd advantage.

Soleron said:
Kasz216 said:

He didn't win by 10%.

Like i said earlier... they used to

In September Neewsweek had him up by 12%.   He lost 11% points in a month and a half?

Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
Kasz216 said:

He didn't win by 10%.

Like i said earlier... they used to

In September Neewsweek had him up by 12%.   He lost 11% points in a month and a half?

Did people believe those polls? I was in the country at the time but only 8.

So after today, half of America will be happy and the other half will be mad as hell #election2012
-Alexis Soros

The Time Is Now!!! Our Ancestors Fought So That We Could VOTE!!!! GET UP. GET OUT. #VOTE!!! #ELECTION2012
-Elle elisa

Voting in Central Harlem, 140th st. Long lines, few machines. Very small room that is overcrowded and people frustrated. Democracy in action
-Paul Vasile

Happy Election Day! Today we re-elect @BarackObama as our President. Be a part of it—vote
-Michelle Obama

Waiting in line to vote! Wish this many people showed up at all elections. The line is outrageous #Vote2012
-Wilson Holm

Voting for my Dad for President was an emotional experience this am http://instagr.am/p/RsNc7XkLpV/
-Tagg Romney

It’s time to make your voice heard. Cast your vote today for #RomneyRyan and let’s get America working again.
-Rick Santorum

Twitter in action ^_^

The best example of the likly results of the election based on how swing states vote. Hint- it is much in favor of President Obama. Look if you dare.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/02/us/politics/paths-to-the-white-house.html