By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 demoes up on PSN Japan store

1 demo is the beginning of the main story in the game, the other is one showcasing the side stuff (GTA sidegames type stuff). Be patient because there is a lot Japanese text, but if you use your logic, you'll be able to get through the demo (follow the pink arrows on the map). Overall it's like a teaser demo, only two fights, mostly just interesting for ppl already curious about the game. Huge leap from Yakuza 1 for obvious reasons and I'll go out on a limb and say it's one of the best looking next next gen Japanese games to have come out so far. A Very colorful historical Japanese city is the setting of the demo. Fighting is still like old Yakuza in the demo, hand to hand plus stuff you pick up in the environment. A sword is introduced at the end of the demo, but you don't get to use it, so that's something new for the full game. Text while walking around town, but full voice acting (good in the original Japanese at least) in cutscenes. Gonna try the second demo now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

1 week old, at least
but never posted at VGChartz I believe

Time to Work !

Ckmlb has been using way too much time on his 360 to know whats new on the PS3 :d

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I just got back so I have missed it apparently, but like you said never posted on vg chartz which doesn't surprise me.

The second demo has 4 different parts.

The first option in the main menu is some kind of geisha seduction mini game which I'm sure would make more sense if I knew what I was choosing in the convo options.

Second option leads to two different things, the first is a horse riding part which I hope there is a lot of in the game because it's quite good and not exactly easy. The second is some weird ancient Japanese game where you have the right buttons at the right time to win.

The 3rd option on the main menu leads you to 4 consecutive fights: 2 sword fights, 1 hand to hand and at the end a boss fight.

Yakuza's combat was already good but the swordfighting is even better. The boss fight was kinda lame, but it's good to see some timed button presses thrown in to make it more interesting.

Both demoes combined give you a pretty good amount of stuff from various, really different parts.

who bets that the week of Yakuza3, release the PS3 will outsold the Wii in Japan ?
(at least by 1 unit lol)

so anyone ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Im not even gunna download it. I cant find crap in the japan store. Why cant they speak english like the rest of the world.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

@libellule, ckmlb
never posted? I posted it right after the demo was available :)

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=13698

libellule said:
who bets that the week of Yakuza3, release the PS3 will outsold the Wii in Japan ?
(at least by 1 unit lol)

so anyone ?

Well, Im just gonna say the chance is pretty big. But I won't bet anything on it lol.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Sorry for posting old news, bu I wasn't around when it first came out, but consider this an impressions thread I guess :)

Hopefully more ppl check it out now.

This should be a big title in Japan. I don't have a Japanese PSN account, but if it gets released in the EU store, I'll take a look.