By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ministaff said:

in the end all it will come down to, between the ps3 and the 360, is the small boost that japan will give the ps3.

Lets say your right and XBox 360 is not able to overcome the 'small boost' from Japan.  Lets assume that PS3 outsells XBox 360 by 15,000 units every week (as it did last week).

That means it would take PS3 9 years (or in 2017) to catch up with XBox 360.  By that time I should be playing Halo 6 on XBox 720.

Math:  Xbox 360 has 7.3 million lead, at a rate of 15k a week thats 487 weeks, with 52 weeks in a year thats 9 years.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network

but once the blu-ray beats the hd-dvd the sales will go up by at least 50k each week. and thats probably gonna happen soon.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

ministaff said:
but once the blu-ray beats the hd-dvd the sales will go up by at least 50k each week. and thats probably gonna happen soon.

Only tech geeks are buying the PS3 for Blu-Ray usage and they will dry up pretty soon. The mainstream consumer will not buy a PS3 as their Blu-Ray player of choice so your logic is flawed. Sales will stay around the same and if we know anything about the consumer here in America is that we the mainstreamers don't buy anything till its cheap so it'll be a while before Blu-Ray players start picking up and like i said, families don't buy the PS3 to watch movies on it.

What are you looking at, nerd?

Do my eyes deceive me, or did this light-hearted thread turn into a real debate? Let's get back on topic, shall we:

Darth Vader has built in Wi-fi on his chest.

Yoda is older and because of this, he knows more games than Vader.

Yoda is more likely to die for no reason (as seen in "Return of the Jedi")

Vader is supposed to be more powerful than Yoda (thanks to his Cell-Processor, I assume) yet, I don't recall him doing anything Yoda couldn't.

I could do this all day!!

ministaff said:

I think 50k a week is an optimistic estimate (or pessimestic depending on your view).  Lets assume that you are right and PS3 outsells XBox 360 by 50k a week, at that rate it would take PS3 3 years to catch up with XBox 360, which would be the year 2011.

By the time 2011 comes around we should be headed into the next generation.  This would mean, by your own estimates, that XBox 360 and PS3 would pretty much tie.

Around the Network

all im saying is that by the end of the generation the ps3 will have outsold the 360. even with a one-year lead the 360 will lose to the ps3.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

You aren't providing me with an argument to back up your opinion.  Just say that you hope the PS3 eventually outsells the XBox 360 and be done with it.

You also predict that the PS3 will outsell the XBox 360 by June 2009.  For that to happen, PS3 will have to outsell the XBox 360 by 60,000 units every week from here on out.

I think that over time the PS3 will do better than the 360.

neat video

Looks like I've inadvertently joined the Dark Side then...

I find the lack of advance warning... distrubing...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...