By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW up 27th OCtober

Its odd to see current prices of the HD twins are still pretty expensive, Im sure the next NPD will still show both the PS3 and X360 with selling prices higher than $250.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Barozi said:

lol if the 360 version does 100k

EDIT: Football Manager 2013 is second on the German charts.... That's a good result for a game that you can't buy here >.>

Oh snap! Has it not come out yet?

If its Football Manager 2013 from Sega you cant buy this game in germany because EA is having the exclusive rights for germany with their Fifa Manager ...

pezus said:

What.the.fuck...

How is that even possible?

EA has the exclusive rights to the 'Bundesliga' and thats why Sega dont have it in their game and decided not to sell this game in germany

edit:
but you can still buy it from the UK, Austria or other countries and activate it on steam (or let someone else gift it to you)

Forza Horizon has a good opening.
Everything on the rise which is good too see ( especially for the Vita)
Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo showing monster legs as usuall. Very glad that those two titles selling so amazing.

Anyway big boost for X 360 in Europe ( dont expectet that)

Next week will be big with Assassins Creed 3 and PS3 on top again. And the week after when Halo 4 launch X 360 will claim the top stop for the rest of the year.

Anyway as always i will wait after the adjustments after the holiday session before i finally judge about the console sales.

pezus said:

What.the.fuck...

How is that even possible?

bad wording last reply...

I think Sega included the 'Bundesliga' in their game which EA holds an exclusive right in germany.
Instead of using fake names they decided to use real names instead of selling it in germany. So to not get legal issues with EA they dont sell it in germany.

they might have changed it now and using fake names for the Bundesliga, but I dont know, must install my 2012 version to check.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
kivi95 said:
Farming Simulator 2013 - 216,338

LOL looks like the Germans were hyped for this.

Yeah I don't know what's up with that. This game is sitting on the top spot on amazon for weeks, before Halo 4 or BlOps2. I live in a rural area and brought in the harvest for some years and I don't know anybody who would want to play this game. There must be some sort of cult built around playing this game. This is just as strange as that japanese 3DS hunting game that keeps outselling all the big names.

Considering how succesful farmville was it's not all that surprising.
It looks quite interesting too on Steam, I was tempted to buy it if it wasn't for so much other choice at this time of year. Summer sale probably. Sim city, Tropico, sim farm, it's all very relaxing to play.

Argh_College said:
ethomaz said:
chocoloco said:
This might be the year the 360's big holiday push cannot overtake the PS3. We need Seece for the drama.

If I remeber 360 big holiday just overtack PS3 last year... that's about 360 sells better in holiday than PS3 is just a myth.

The reason for that happened last year was Kinect.

it will happen again this year.

Kinect is still here and strong, people will buy Kinect this time of the year and you know the reason why.

360 is going to win holiday once again.

In the US? Of course. Worldwide? It'll lose again this year.

Last year Kinect still had momentum going for it and they had that Gears 3 bundle and then the Modern Warfare 3 one...this year all they have is Halo 4, which is only popular in America. PS3 even has its own bundles this year like Assassin's Creed 3 and the recently released Super Slim and the 12gig model in Europe....it's impossible for MS to win this year. I guess there's a good chance they'll win the holidays though. 

kowenicki said:
pezus said:

Not too bad sales for Horizon after all in USA. 140k there FW while 4 did 200k and 3 190k. 

Edit: But it's way worse in UK. 44k vs. 108k for Forza 4 (no numbers for 3 on VGC)

Not sure why you are comparing horizon and the main series.  They aren't the same game, arguably not even the same genre.

Decent opening. I will pick it up soon to get stuck into over Xmas. 

That's why he said "not too bad sales"

kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

Not too bad sales for Horizon after all in USA. 140k there FW while 4 did 200k and 3 190k. 

Edit: But it's way worse in UK. 44k vs. 108k for Forza 4 (no numbers for 3 on VGC)

Not sure why you are comparing horizon and the main series.  They aren't the same game, arguably not even the same genre.

Decent opening. I will pick it up soon to get stuck into over Xmas. 

That's why he said "not too bad sales"

And "way worse". 

Hes already said its a bogus comparison himself. So get off your high horse.

Because it had a larger drop off in comparison to NA. It did 70% of F4 in NA, yet about 40% of F4 in UK.. Hence why its way worse in the UK. He didn't say the sales were bad.

And again, that UK lingo goes right over my head.

The next few weeks should be interesting.