By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY2012 Earnings Announcement * $198m loss, 3.5m PS3 + PS2, 1.6m PSV + PSP *

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:
People here are forgetting that this is the quarter Sony blew 380 million on Gaikai. Thats gonna show up here.

If this is showed this quarter then I change my predication for 250 million loss.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
sub-zero-TM said:

I see but you mean sales for playstation games and ps3 right?

Only Nintendo publishes shipment for games in financials I think.

Sales for PS3 and Vita systems (and since now sony merged console and portables shipments, PSP and PS2 too...)

Ok man thanks a bunch.

I am going to go with losses. Kind of excited for their statements on the performance of each division.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

I'm really hoping they profit this quarter, Sony needs some good news.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I predict a loss albeit much smaller than last quarter.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:
People here are forgetting that this is the quarter Sony blew 380 million on Gaikai. Thats gonna show up here.

If this is showed this quarter then I change my predication for 250 million loss.

They won't write off this purchase so soon. Give it time for it to lose it's write in value.

Sub-zero-TM made me think here

Why companies are abligated to tell investors how many systems they shipped but not games?
What's the difference here, aren't both manufactured products from the same company? Or they do,but just in totals - I don't know if I ever saw those numbers, that's why I'm asking

VicViper said:
Sub-zero-TM made me think here

Why companies are abligated to tell investors how many systems they shipped but not games?
What's the difference here, aren't both manufactured products from the same company? Or they do,but just in totals - I don't know if I ever saw those numbers, that's why I'm asking

They do. With numbers (Nintendo/Sony) or attach rate (Microsoft).

ethomaz said:

I never paid attetion to those then. It would be nice for discriminated numbers though (nintendo barely does that to more than 5 games, does Sony do the same?)

Anyway, thanks!

VicViper said:
ethomaz said:

I never paid attetion to those then. It would be nice for discriminated numbers though (nintendo barely does that to more than 5 games, does Sony do the same?)

Anyway, thanks!

Nope. Nintendo did that just for the top sellers.