By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY2012 Earnings Announcement * $198m loss, 3.5m PS3 + PS2, 1.6m PSV + PSP *

Tagged games:

Turkish said:
ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
I think the PS3 has already surpassed the 360 in shipments.

No way but it's close... 1 million or less.

When do we expect it to overtake 360? I'm betting around their new FY. Somewhere april.

September or October 2013.

Around the Network

Where's that guy that was being all high and mighty when telling us PS4 would release in 2014 and not 2013?

Play4Fun said:
Where's that guy that was being all high and mighty when telling us PS4 would release in 2014 and not 2013?

PS4 is to be released in 2014, not 2013... PS3 is doing so good for now.

Play4Fun said:

I still think 2014. In fact, that recent leak about the dev kits said it is planned for a Spring 2014 release.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Whoops. Posted that post in the wrong thread.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Sony phons ar great. My wife got an Xperia Ray and I am impressed.

It is the perfect answer to the Galaxy and iPhone which are only getting bigger.

i think you've just convienced me to pass on that galaxy S 5 or wht ever it is.

i may not understand all of this in its current format, but i gusse i can summarize it a bit.

Sony does have impressive computer hardware. I'm starting to get the impression from several people (small sample yes) that they want a Sony computer as the next best alternative to an Apple.

Tease.

Chark said:
phenom08 said:
^You don't think it's a coincidence Sony is combining the figures just in time for the Vitas performance do you?

Did I say so? I explained perfectly fine a reasoning to group the devices together along with the timing for Vita's underperformance.

Was the mention of a reasoning behind Sony's actions that wasn't overly critical deserving of a knee jerk reaction from you?

Did I say you did? Wow lol! Did my comment offend you that much?

phenom08 said:
Chark said:
phenom08 said:
^You don't think it's a coincidence Sony is combining the figures just in time for the Vitas performance do you?

Did I say so? I explained perfectly fine a reasoning to group the devices together along with the timing for Vita's underperformance.

Was the mention of a reasoning behind Sony's actions that wasn't overly critical deserving of a knee jerk reaction from you?

Did I say you did? Wow lol! Did my comment offend you that much?

"You don't think it's a coincidence Sony is combining the figure just in time for the Vitas performance do you?"

I shouldn't have to quote you twice. Here you specifically ask me if I "don't think it's a coincidence Sony is combining the figure just in time for Vitas performance". That's three times in case you didn't understand what you said.

Of course it's not a coincidence, and what I said originally didn't suggest that I thought it was. Quite the opposite. The thing is there can be more than one reasoning to something and by pairing them together they aren't making it a complete and utter confusion of figures. In times like these Sony will want to guide investors opinions toward their total handheld market and not just their one struggling system. Looking at the Vita alone presents their business in a bad light, but combining it with PSP shows they have better numbers in that sector. They are a business and they are going to protect themeselves. One can argue what is worse for investors, seeing low numbers with full transparancy or seeing higher numbers with a little less transparancy. What Sony is doing isn't outrageous but there is good reason for and against it.

So since you asked, no I am not fooling myself into thinking it was coincidence that they paired the numbers. I see it plain as day and I see the reasoning behind it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(