By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 Article, Rebirth & answers needed.

So I posted a link and summary to the http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/digitaljoystick/archives/129866.asp truth behind ms article...RocketPig, you closed the thread for no apparent reason.

I simply created a thread, including a link to the original news source in regards to the subject...I'm not a fanboy (unlike some of you who apparently became distraught at the sight of this article).

I simply wished to educate the posters on here, and what I get in return is backlash from user as well as  RocketPig pm'ing me...what's with the censorship? I don't have any agenda, unlike some...Im posting the TRUTH, why would you censor the truth?

On top of that, the validity of the article is clear and solid. The blogger clearly isn't as informed as some of us..citing the release of the 360 as 2006, showing NO INTENTION to trash the product for personal agenda. He was INFORMED by an insider on what was really going on...it's not fiction, it's alll fact. To censor something because YOU don't agree is ludicrous.

RocketPig, personal messages like "Cool it with the 360's negativity" simply will not fly, attempting to control me and other users through intimidation just won't work. I would appreciate the re-activation of my original thread, it's simple facts..no agenda, no motives..please do the right thing.

To make things perfectly clear, this is NOT about Sony or Nintendo..certain individuals are under the impression that this is somehow an attempt to talk up Sony in some strange way...it is NOT, believe me it has NOTHING to do with Sony OR Nintendo.

Around the Network

Mods have been given the authority to make decisions that they feel are in the best interest of this forum and if they feel a thread is only going to lead to disruptive behaviour and people getting banned then they have every right to take any action they see fit.

Unfortunately that's the internet for you. You can post or quote something completely factual and if people don't like it they'll accuse you of fanboyism, trolling or some other nonsense. It looks like a reasonable article from a fairly credible source, thanks for posting the link. It's important to know things like this to help make an informed choice whatever the company or product.

Yeah without an actual source, I could post random interviews with invisible Sony (which i'm guessing by the user name you're a fanboy of) "employees" as well. That's almost as credible as xbox websites posting that a reliable source within Konami said that MGS4 is coming to the 360 :D.

By the way, spelling and grammar mistakes don't hurt the credibility of the article at all....

Oh and about your "censoring" comment to the admin's (namely rocketpig), they are here to keep the peace and if all you posts (I wouldn't know because I've never read any of your post up til this point) are negative towards the 360, would lead them to believe this post is just an attempt to attack the 360. I wouldn't know, I ain't an admin, but that's my opinion. Just so you know, without a name for the source, this isn't fact at all, so it's just as good as the next fanboys comment.

CAL4M1TY said:
Yeah without an actual source, I could post random interviews with invisible Sony (which i'm guessing by the user name you're a fanboy of) "employees" as well. That's almost as credible as xbox websites posting that a reliable source within Konami said that MGS4 is coming to the 360 :D.

By the way, spelling and grammar mistakes don't hurt the credibility of the article at all....

Oh and about your "censoring" comment to the admin's (namely rocketpig), they are here to keep the peace and if all you posts (I wouldn't know because I've never read any of your post up til this point) are negative towards the 360, would lead them to believe this post is just an attempt to attack the 360. I wouldn't know, I ain't an admin, but that's my opinion. Just so you know, without a name for the source, this isn't fact at all, so it's just as good as the next fanboys comment.

Well, to be fair, their anonymous source was the one that broke the "Bungie leaving MS" story that nobody  would believe.

Around the Network

Legend11, a microsoft fan like yourself has no right to accuse me of anything. If posting the Truth is wrong, then may I be "wrong" in the eyes of vgchartz.

I can see why some individuals could be offended by the "tone" of the original thread, but their all simple facts. To pretend it's all false is once again, ludicrous.

Anonymous sources are standard in journalism. That's why there are constant court battles when the police or whoever want to find out the source of a leak. Without source anonymity our newspapers would be very empty indeed.

I do truly see that the tone was maybe a little tad harsh..I understand where the criticism is coming from...it's fine, I understand.

It's a solid read...to those of you who actually read, follow the link to the VMC testing article...that will bring even more validity to the article as a whole. The blogger is a microsoft fan, for those of you who probably didn't read the article.

I doubt the majority of you knew anything about the VMC article written a few months ago, being uninformed is no excuse for accusations...please read them both, then we can have an actual discussion.

that article stated some things we already knew.. i think everyone knows that MS built a defective product and knew it was like that but pushed it forward anyway just to beat sony out the gate..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Well, I have to say, the story does seem to check out with everything I've heard about the Great Microsoft Meltdown - corporate arrogance, top management's clueless vision of trying to create another OS-style monopoly when that was clearly not possible, lack of resources invested in hardware and Q & A (the mentality of a software firm, not a hardware firm). It's a case study of why the US is running vast current account deficits with the rest of the planet and is headed for economic decrepitude.

It also chimes with various personal communications I've had with industry personnel (I won't name names, because they haven't authorized me to do so) who basically told me the same thing - they rushed the 360 to market, didn't test it adequately, focused totally on Sony and forgot about Nintendo, etc.

I don't buy the "I thought of the motion controller first" comment at the end, though. Many people were talking about this for a long time, but it was only in the context of a peripheral device. Nintendo really did something new, by designing an entire system around motion control. That said, I find the source reasonably credible.