By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 41- Famitsu and M-create ( October 8-14)

smbu2000 said:
Kynes said:
kowenicki said:
Japan: (Home of the handheld)

6k to 7k Vita and no Vita software in the top 20.

What chance has it got elsewhere then?

You seem to ignore the memo: Don't judge it till its first Christmas

Vita launched before Christmas last year in Japan, so it already had it's first Christmas. Maybe we need to give it another 1 or 2 Christmas holidays.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/hardware/pch1000za01.html

• 発売日
    2011年12月17日(土)

edit: just saw your post above. ;-p

Not only did the Vita launch LATE into the holidays in Japan, it went head to head with the 3DS and Monster Hunter........it hasn't had its first full holiday yet.

Around the Network
VicViper said:

Vita in fact has a nice chance for an OK next week.

Two of its biggest games are being released today.
Other than Legend of Heroes Evolution, there's also fan-favorite Little Battlers Xperience W - also on PSP, but Vita might get a good slice of the pie. And there's also FIFA. All in all, a pretty big week for Vita.

Pics make everything better:

3DS: Nothing

PSP: Same as vita minus Legend of Heroes.

Do you remember the other OK week for Vita the end of september? Vita sold 14.469 that time.

This week looks worse, Legend of Heroes will sell less than Ys, and LBXW Vita will bomb hard.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
Kynes said:
kowenicki said:

Vita launched before Christmas last year in Japan, so it already had it's first Christmas. Maybe we need to give it another 1 or 2 Christmas holidays.

• 発売日
    2011年12月17日(土)

Not only did the Vita launch LATE into the holidays in Japan, it went head to head with the 3DS and Monster Hunter........it hasn't had its first full holiday yet.

Even with this holiday it'll still do bad regardless. 

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Great week. But I wanna see if Paper Mario: Sticker Star can boost the 3DS above 150k.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

hiska-kun said:
VicViper said:

Vita in fact has a nice chance for an OK next week.

Two of its biggest games are being released today.
Other than Legend of Heroes Evolution, there's also fan-favorite Little Battlers Xperience W - also on PSP, but Vita might get a good slice of the pie. And there's also FIFA. All in all, a pretty big week for Vita.

Pics make everything better:

3DS: Nothing

PSP: Same as vita minus Legend of Heroes.

Do you remember the other OK week for Vita the end of september? Vita sold 14.469 that time.

This week looks worse, Legend of Heroes will sell less than Ys, and LBXW Vita will bomb hard.

This time I added a "for Vita"

(as in "by Vita standards" - I'm safe). I'm very curious about LBX vita (and PSP) - contrary to those others - like Nobunaga, this one I'm keeping positive thoughts.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
Kynes said:
kowenicki said:

• 発売日
    2011年12月17日(土)

Well Sony launched it at pretty much the same time as the psp way back when, so they had nearly identical selling periods.(vita had one extra day of selling iirc) The psp destroyed vita in the same time period.

For Japan the most important time during that period is New Years so they both easily made it in time for that.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Comgnet's little corner

[PS3] Tales of Xillia - 782pt
[PS3] Tales of Xillia 2 - 415pt

[Wii] Animal Crossing: City Folk - at highest 53pt for both SKUs ( probably more around 80pt)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: Jump Out - 233pt

[PSP] Little Battler Xperience - 109pt
[PSP] Little Battler Xperience W - 68pt
[PSV] Little Battler Xperience W - less than 27pt

From Neogaf

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

CChaos said:
I really do love Japanese game names. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. So very random.

I'm actually pretty impressed that the 360 made it to 2000+ units. Dishonoured must be a hell of a game, though some of that could be RE6 too.

As for the Vita, wow. Those are a hell of a lot lower than I thought they'd be.

They use the Bravely Default name in the play mechanics of the game. If you choose Bravely you can do extra turns/actions. For example, you can attack an enemy 4 times. The down side is that your "turn" counter will go into the negative numbers which means that you can't do anything until it gets back to zero. If that enemy is still alive it could attack YOU 4 times in a row! So it's a risk/reward system.

Default is like "guard/parry", doing it will give your turn counter a plus 1. So you could do it several times in a row and then when you use Bravely your positive turn counter will go back down and after you won't be vulnerable to attack like in the previous example. Although while you are blocking the enemy can attack you so you will take damage just not as much.

the game was originally going to be called Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light 2 as a sequel to the previously released DS game.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
CChaos said:
I really do love Japanese game names. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. So very random.

I'm actually pretty impressed that the 360 made it to 2000+ units. Dishonoured must be a hell of a game, though some of that could be RE6 too.

As for the Vita, wow. Those are a hell of a lot lower than I thought they'd be.

They use the Bravely Default name in the play mechanics of the game. If you choose Bravely you can do extra turns/actions. For example, you can attack an enemy 4 times. The down side is that your "turn" counter will go into the negative numbers which means that you can't do anything until it gets back to zero. If that enemy is still alive it could attack YOU 4 times in a row! So it's a risk/reward system.

Default is like "guard/parry", doing it will give your turn counter a plus 1. So you could do it several times in a row and then when you use Bravely your positive turn counter will go back down and after you won't be vulnerable to attack like in the previous example. Although while you are blocking the enemy can attack you so you will take damage just not as much.

the game was originally going to be called Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light 2 as a sequel to the previously released DS game.

Ah! Well, that does make it slightly less random, but it's still pretty great and gives the name an original sort of quality that gets one's attention.

They made the right choice not calling it Final Fantasy Gaiden, I think. The name feels a little like poison right now until they can get their ducks in a row again.

kopstudent89 said:
Good for BD... P X-zone not so much.. Excellent 3DS numbers!

PXZ had good numbers, it's predecessor Namco X Capcom (PS2) opened with 87, 223 units. So it's basically almost the exact same.