By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 41- Famitsu and M-create ( October 8-14)

VicViper said:
Train wreck said:
VicViper said:
This Vita new low won't be "topped" at least in a while.

That's the last week without releases, none will be huge, but at least won't let it below this mark. That and holiday sales, which will make every device known to man sell better.

I dont think its a matter of the Vita hitting new lows, to me they are buying their time, sooner to later they have to make one of two choices

1. Take the system off the market, keep its loss to ~1 year, rethink its mobile future, possibly with their phone unit and move on.  Let the internet trolls bask in the glow of this sony failure

2. Take steps to make it a viable game system for publishers (including Sony themselves).  Make it affordable, non propritiety, reduce fees or game royalities so the big publishers can take bigger gambles; just flip the script to make the vita little/moderate risk high reward as opposed to the current high risk, little reward.

Big games takes two years to make. That's something for the future. They need something for the now - that is price cut.

3DS-Vita marketshare is growing to unmanageable levels - and the worst is yet to come with the combo holidays + MH4. Price cut is necessary imo as an emergency solution.

This is a sales site so im sure your focus is on the 3DS-Vita marketshare difference, but Sony priorities shouldnt be to worry about the 3DS and MH4 but to combat the problems that it has in front of them or to plan to exit the space.  Focusing on MH or 3DS gap only takes focus off what they need to do.

Around the Network

SM3DLand still hanging in there.
Wii Sports Resort still selling lol, but PS3 numbers are destroying Wii numbers (kind of expected but not that much). RE6 is really helping the PS3.

Pokemon B/W2 still going strong, almost at 3m.

Dishonored looks like it was acceptably received for a western game. Rocksmith as well. Ubi is doing ok there.

nice numbers for 3DS, BD and PxZ!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Train wreck said:

This is a sales site so im sure your focused is on the 3DS-Vita marketshare difference, but Sony priorities shouldnt be to worry about the 3DS and MH4 but to combat the problems that it has in front of them or to plan to exit the space.  Focusing on MH or 3DS gap only takes focus off what they need to do.

Hmm, of course not.

Support always benefits the winner. And when the winner is on the verge of becoming 10 times bigger than the loser... even worse. There's no revolutionary ideas like drop royalties, etc... do you really think no other company thought of that before? Marketshare speaks loud, imo.

I expected more from bravely default, but it's decent. Also, what went wrong with tokitowa? That game seemed like a great RPG and all and just 28k copies in japan? :/

Also project x zone did somewhat ok, I don't know do non nintendo 3ds games sells good nowadays?

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@basil I'm pretty sure that was what it was called. It's a port/remake of a PSP RPG I know that.

Not denying it didnt come out, just cant find it anywhere (info about it I mean). Might be a digital only version.

Released today in japan (or almost since it's not October 18th there yet)

^That's what it is! Thanks, Vic!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Vita in fact has a nice chance for an OK next week.

Two of its biggest games are being released today.
Other than Legend of Heroes Evolution, there's also fan-favorite Little Battlers Xperience W - also on PSP, but Vita might get a good slice of the pie. And there's also FIFA. All in all, a pretty big week for Vita.

Pics make everything better:

3DS: Nothing

PSP: Same as vita minus Legend of Heroes.

Wow, worst week ever for Vita according to MC.

Excellent debut for Bravely Default. I haven't actually seen a copy in my city since I bought mine on Thursday. (last one at that store) Going by the little icon on the Famitsu page, sell-through was between 76-100%. Maybe in the 80-85 range, seems likely.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Well this battle was over a long time ago.

PSV YTD: 568,267

3DS LL YTD: 744,117

Now the race is on for LTD.

PSV LTD: 1,008,253

How soon will the 3DS LL overtake the PSV LTD?

For comparison this week:

3DS LL: 52,079 (it did have a boost this week though, last week was 39k)

PSV: 6,134

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"