By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ragnarok Odyssey: EU release date Feb 20, 2013; DLC now available from NA Vita Store; Sharing Cards!!!

well...open world in the sense that there's a few areas per map ahahahaha!

Well, progressing through the story fast really isn't the best way to go as you'll miss out on the chances of getting some better cards. I flew past the story and all I have to show for it was 3 pages of cards. Now that I'm farming for stuff, I have about 5 pages now. lots of duplicates, but thats ok since some of the stack up. A far cry from the 15ish pages of cards I had then but hey, its a work in progress.

I've yet to get one of those traitors with a decent skill list. I got one on the Asian version but the skill set sucked balls. Thats the only legendary weapon I've seen so far. Wonder of the NA version has it also...hmmmm...

Around the Network
ils411 said:
michael_stutzer said:
Is the Ragnarok Odyssey an endless grinding or is there a story to progress (in multiplayer)? Do you have to restart the multiplayer mode if you finish the story (if there is one)? I didn't care for the game at first so I didn't pay much attention but everyone seems to like it.

1. yes it is an endless grinding fest for drops  but there is a story to progress which can be done through single player and or multiplayer.

2. no, you dont hacve to restart the story in multiplayer mode. once you finish the story in single player mode or through multiplayer mode, much like monster hunter, you can replay any level,chapter you please. as long as you have progressed through that chapter in multiplayer or sinlge player, it can be selected and replayed in both.

Thanks, then I guess there is no point in playing single player, it seems like MP would be much more fun. When I get $20 back from PSN I'll consider it. I haven't played a decent RPG for a long time.

michael_stutzer said:
ils411 said:
michael_stutzer said:
Is the Ragnarok Odyssey an endless grinding or is there a story to progress (in multiplayer)? Do you have to restart the multiplayer mode if you finish the story (if there is one)? I didn't care for the game at first so I didn't pay much attention but everyone seems to like it.

1. yes it is an endless grinding fest for drops  but there is a story to progress which can be done through single player and or multiplayer.

2. no, you dont hacve to restart the story in multiplayer mode. once you finish the story in single player mode or through multiplayer mode, much like monster hunter, you can replay any level,chapter you please. as long as you have progressed through that chapter in multiplayer or sinlge player, it can be selected and replayed in both.

Thanks, then I guess there is no point in playing single player, it seems like MP would be much more fun. When I get $20 back from PSN I'll consider it. I haven't played a decent RPG for a long time.

well, single player can test yor skillzzzzz lol! But if you're looking for an RPG in a traditional sense, this aint it. You level up every time you finish a chapter, and you get stronger via skill sets on weapons and by equiping cards.

Once you finish the story, which wont take too long on multiplayer, all thats left is just to "build" your character into the most uber character that you can make.

aside from that, there's really no point on playing it over and over again. if you're not into that kind of grinding, I sugest you skip it. But then again, if you like this kind of gameplay, Ragnarok Odyssey is awesome!

kitler53 said:
i'm having a lot of fun but as i was saying last night, i was surprised it doesn't have a more open world format. i heard "monster hunter" like and i guess i assumed. does that mean i also have the wrong impression of MH and eventually SS?

anyways, the gameplay is great. i was just expecting more of a party up and explore to find bosses sort of dynamic, sort of a mini version of WoW were instead of being MMO it would be just 4 of us per world. great co-op gameplay though. lot's of fun.

i need to get a better handle on things though, with euphoria and such power leveling me i feel i may have missed out on some of the basics. lol at not learning how to cast my heal until chapter 3. ..what a useful cleric i am. :P

Well you definitely have the wrong idea for MH bc it is pretty much the same format as RO.  The newer MH have had slighty more of a world  but its still ends up being get a mission got kill creeature.  Now as far a SS I don't think any of us really know for sure but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a open world game.  Also i'm pretty sure I've heard them save that SS is about you using a book to do the fights from a wizards memories. Which sounds like pick a mission kill a creature to me.  

man the thors mountain or w/e is a pain in the ass lol

anyone playing co op now?

and ils how come you're not on my psn man!?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
ikol said:
kitler53 said:
i'm having a lot of fun but as i was saying last night, i was surprised it doesn't have a more open world format. i heard "monster hunter" like and i guess i assumed. does that mean i also have the wrong impression of MH and eventually SS?

anyways, the gameplay is great. i was just expecting more of a party up and explore to find bosses sort of dynamic, sort of a mini version of WoW were instead of being MMO it would be just 4 of us per world. great co-op gameplay though. lot's of fun.

i need to get a better handle on things though, with euphoria and such power leveling me i feel i may have missed out on some of the basics. lol at not learning how to cast my heal until chapter 3. ..what a useful cleric i am. :P

Well you definitely have the wrong idea for MH bc it is pretty much the same format as RO.  The newer MH have had slighty more of a world  but its still ends up being get a mission got kill creeature.  Now as far a SS I don't think any of us really know for sure but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a open world game.  Also i'm pretty sure I've heard them save that SS is about you using a book to do the fights from a wizards memories. Which sounds like pick a mission kill a creature to me.  

and i'll still get SS and be happy about it.  i'm not really complaining, more expressing my surprise.  ..but someone should make a game more like what i described.  i know i'd buy it.  ..or is there such a game and if so what is it called?

M.U.G.E.N said:

teflon and i just were, i'm breaking for lunch but i think he's still playing. i'll be back on in about an hour.  xD

ok sent you a friends request

had to delete someone :S damn friends list limit

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

kitler53 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

teflon and i just were, i'm breaking for lunch but i think he's still playing. i'll be back on in about an hour.  xD

ok let me know when you guys party up then. I will join

and hey fishtacos: if you are reading this..dude did you manage to take down orc king? if not let me know and we can take care of him

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Kitler I think dragon's dogma is the closest I can think of to that type of gameplay but there's no multiplayer. I would love for next gen to have a open world game like that with the drop in and out multiplayer. :D

MUGEN i'm around so if I see any post or a message I'm done for playing :D Up for helping anyone or progressing