By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

zero129 said:
Linkzmax said:
Zero: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4836607

Spurge: Why would we want to break zero's spirit?

Sorry linkz, but i dont have a clue what MPB did last night. Only 2 pms i got from the mod are to let me know i was in the game and my role.

Do you have night actions?  If so, IMO you ought to be informed what your earlier incarnation already used them to do. 

You don't necessarily have to answer that question. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I'm not willing to lynch spurge toDay. I'm unconvinced of DarkT, but I'd rather lynch him than nobody (or spurge). But I could say that for a lot of people, considering how much I'd oppose a No Lynch toDay -- basically the non-Stefl ones.

If it were me picking a name out of a hat, I think I'd go with tabaha, for no articulable reason. I'll probably vote before the deadline.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I think FF's a good player, but he hasn't played a great game in quite a while. Spurge, you haven't been easy for me to read in the past, but I think I finally have a tell which will hopefully prove true. Without that tell, I'd probably have you in my top three suspects because your often random changes in direction and sometimes distracting points has not been pro-town.

Otherwise nothing has changed since zero's "revelation", unless Stefl says he has conflicting information. My lynch order is still DT>FF>Smeags>tabaha.

Damn... Well zero's story checks out... At first I thought it's pretty amusing, when he said that he didn't know whoMBP targeted, when he is vanilla. In fact this looks like a slight contradiction to me. But I don't think it's enough to lynch him... Well I noticed that following the game via phone is a lot harder than I thought...

FoS: zero

For his prolly minor error... Wait I am somehow on my way to realise that this is the only decent lead I have today T_T

spurgeonryan said:
Final fan you are not brain dead. Unless something has changed IRL for you? You can read players and you know I am not scum. Which means you are scum.

Am I right linkz? Rol? You guys read players for a living. He is playing dumb here. Why would I even bring it up since I am his number two?
He s not putting me as his number one since I am one of the only ones s verbally saying things about him. I think Rol has as well but Rol has a sharpntongue and final fan is too chicken shit to gonafter him. Sorry my n button is close to my space button.

Look at the people going for me. No reason at all other than day one paranoia. Oh...and my playstyle.. give a real fucking reason people. Don't go the easy way out like Linkz did with me that one game. Actually play. Stop lurking to win. Or just giving random reasons because people naturally trust you and will go with whatever.

This is aimed at you final fan. Do you scum really want to win so bad that you play he same tricks every game?

Listen to me very carefully spurge:  YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION.  I meant that lynching nobody would be a mistake, just as lynching you would be a mistake, and I would prefer lynching DarkThanatos to either of those options.  I admit that my post to which you are apparently responding could be misinterpreted, but you apparently have no care for the context of my other posts on the subject of you, or you'd at least have expressed confusion at why I was suddenly placing you in DT's company. 

Around the Network

I suddenly have a lot less confidence in spurge lol, but in terms of trusting his judgment rather than his towniness.

On the other hand, I just went back and looked and I wasn't exactly talking about him all the time... I did mention I was leaning town, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier in the Day that I wasn't willing to lynch him, but it's not unreasonable that spurge missed or forgot that, so I forgive him. Again, I am leaning town with spurge and I was not saying I'd lynch him. I'd much prefer DT's lynch to either No Lynch or a spurge lynch.

At the end of the day, I am one of the few people that has actually been posting and generating discussion regularly. No-one has actually managed to pin a reason as to why I am scum, so the only thing left is the "feels like scum" - which is because of the amount of false scum accusations thrown around.
If I was scum, then I'm playing horrifically badly and should be lurking like the rest of the scum players. As it is I'm not scum, which if this remains the same at timelimit, you will all find out when you are taken down to 5 town vs 3 mafia. (Assuming 3 remaining Mafia).
Vote to lynch someone who hasn't been playing, or who has made no serious contributions to the thread. (Looking at Spurge for the second) I've already given reasons why he is probs scum, his voting so far http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4842462
He has actually given no or little serious or helpful posts. The majority are just flannel, giving the impression he is posting without actually doing anything to help town.
As to the lurkers- I will happily vote for one if more town players are looking to do that.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

RolStoppable said:
Since Day 3 will end in about 11 hours, I have to ask:

Stefl, you tracked MBP and got a result, but zero is denying that MBP made any move on Night 2. Is that right?

The common assumption is that MBP just wanted to see pezus dead and then lost interest because he is only a vanilla townie, but I don't put it past MBP to play exactly the same way as a mafioso. That's because his sense for competition with pezus runs deep. In other words, it's perfectly reasonable that MBP's sole goal and motivation to sign up for this game was to eliminate pezus, regardless of alignment. I would even go as far as saying that MBP would have lynched pezus if they were both on the same scum team

zeros vanilla claim fits with my result. The sole reason I doubt him is his weurd thing with saying he doesn't know what MBP did, wgen he got the notification that he is vanilla already...

maybe we should lynch zero after all

Stefl1504 said:

zeros vanilla claim fits with my result. The sole reason I doubt him is his weurd thing with saying he doesn't know what MBP did, wgen he got the notification that he is vanilla already...

maybe we should lynch zero after all

This is actually a really good point!

Zero's post MBP's night action is here.

A regular townie's night action is what rocks dream about... it's nothing.

A conversation with Smeags about previous Mafia games on my wall kinda steered off towards the current game so to be fully transparent here's the full conversation:

Smeags: Was it you that did the post totals in the last Mafia game?

TruckOSaurus: Yes indeed it was.

Smeags: What dark arts did you use to conduct such a spell?

TruckOSaurus: The wonders of PHP!A while ago, I developed tools to help me in Mafia games.

I run a script that fetches every page of the Mafia thread, saves them on my local drive and since every post in formatted in the same way I can extract things like the username from each one. This allows the script to count how many times everyone posts without the hassle of actually counting each and every post.

Also, with the posts saved on my local drive, I can also filter the thread showing only the posts of select members....

Smeags: ...

*takes off glasses*

Mother of God.

(Can you by chance use your epic skillz on the current Mafia thread by chance and send them my way?)

TruckOSaurus: I have to be on my home computer to run the script. Also, since I'm the moderator for the game, I can't supply any player with extra information. I'll also post this wall convo in the thread because the content steered off from previous games to the current game.

Signature goes here!