By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

Okay, yoshi looks much better than tabaha in the whole PM thing. tabaha said nothing either way until yoshi barely paraphrased the win condition. DT does look very opportunistic.

DarkThanatos said:
[snip]

Final point. I think one of Spurge or Rol is scum. But not both, Spurge's immediate suspicion onto Rol after Yoshi convinces me of that.

And then:

DarkThanatos said:
Yoshiya said:

If what Rol means is what I think it means then yea, he is confirmed town to me as well. The fact that you get it as well as whoever it was Rol said was town because of it (I can't remember and I can't be bothered to check right now) confirms you as town for me as well.

As to what I actually think it is, the win conditions only mention that we have to kill all mafia, not anti-town or anything like that which means that if there is any third party they win with town and not with mafia or when all of town is killed off (I can't see why we wouldn't have to kill anyone not aligned with us as we are not safe until then and if we did then the win conditions would take that into account)

This would be fairly obvious to work out if you were scum and didn't have the win conditions, with the amount of information it was released. 

I must admit though, I forgot about Rol's point on the win-conditions when i was making my earlier comments. From my earlier thoughts, this would suggest to me that Spurge is possible scum. Add this with your still lack of reveal on the "information" you are privy too- consider yourself off my town list. 

I'd rather 

Vote Linkz 

this round though.  

It is not fairly obvious to work out, as the wincon does not usually rule out a SK or any other direct threat to town. And mafia wouldn't be able to figure that out unless they were directly told such as well.

The rest reeks of covering yourself for not recognizing Rol as town due to what he said, when there was a day or so to linger on it. And jumping on me when I've done no wrong.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Just like that linkz is mafioso? He agreed to let Mario do first kill? He late vote pezus day one and now he made this "obvious" mistake as well?

Spurge, what you call a mistake isn't a mistake at all if their constelation 'sucks'. I would like to see what we can get of nachomamma... maybe he gave us some hints at his result.

He listed FF by himself when he named him, DT, and myself as suspects. But I don't know what he could have Watched that would have suggested FF as more likely scum, given your result.

Okay, in retroperspective, I think scum could've filtered him as power by the way he asked me about my role day 2... this again would point at better players... I think he got a result that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Well, looking at things stand now I would prolly want to lynch DarkT... Well, I am still waiting for MBP, also yeah, some people need to engage a little more before I will place any vote.

spurgeonryan said:
But why mention him? Just highly suspect of him? Who'd ya track?

patience you no have it seems

JUST WAIT!

Linkzmax said:

I suppose the 25% comes from

What makes you say there's only one?

I never said there's only one my good man, only that the chance that one of you is scum is extremely high. I'm sure this is a reasonable thought to take...

What you're saying about my posting is simply not true. I always post in bunches when I get home from work, and then respond or question people sporadically until I go to bed. And more recently I have a bit of time in the morning so sometimes I pop on and post a bit.

You do realize there's far less content this round compared to last right? And we've also had much faster days.

But I'm not really bothered by the falsity of the statement. It's that you point something out, but aren't making anything of it. Sadly, while this is your play from Round 41, it has also been your play in other rounds. So it's a null tell.

Fine fine, I take it back! You're posting the same way as you did last round when you were scum. Happy now? Sheesh! *jabs Linkz with his cane in a joking way*

But seriously though, you were much more involved with others in day one (starting on page 5 with 50ppp) and more at ease compared to last game. For me it was quite noticable, in a good way! Of course you still post in bunches, and I get that (I have two jobs and schooling as well... a skeleton's gotta make a living somehow!), but of course any little change in someone is noticable.

Smeags said:
Linkzmax said:

I suppose the 25% comes from

What makes you say there's only one?

I never said there's only one my good man, only that the chance that one of you is scum is extremely high. I'm sure this is a reasonable thought to take...

You did say the chance of spurge being scum is 25%, which is true only if one of the four(living) of us that voted pezus is scum. I'm a numbers guy, so I tend to focus on the implications of such statements. I get what you are actually trying to say though, which is it's quite likely for at least one mafioso to be on that lynch.

Around the Network

I would be highly surprised if Rol is scum. That's only possible if Trucks secretly gave mafia Town's wincon, and now he's trying to use it against me.

Thanatos seems likely, but I'm not sold on smeags either way.

Wait for what, and why must at least one of us be scum?

I didn't call smeags scum, you have.

Linkzmax said:
I know you didn't. I was just making a south park reference. Now that I made my points on the filth, I'm going to go back and quote posts of the day that peaked my interest.

piqued

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Yoshiya said:
Stefl1504 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I was being sarcastic with that whole post role. How does you saying stefl is probably telling the truth and that there is no hire party prove you are town?

Am I missing something? Does everyone else just believe rol is town just like that?

I have built my opinion on that, I would like to hear the answer from either yoshi or tabaha, if they can get it. Lets do it like linkz, they get towny points if they can point it out :D

If what Rol means is what I think it means then yea, he is confirmed town to me as well. The fact that you get it as well as whoever it was Rol said was town because of it (I can't remember and I can't be bothered to check right now) confirms you as town for me as well.

As to what I actually think it is, the win conditions only mention that we have to kill all mafia, not anti-town or anything like that which means that if there is any third party they win with town and not with mafia or when all of town is killed off (I can't see why we wouldn't have to kill anyone not aligned with us as we are not safe until then and if we did then the win conditions would take that into account)

First off, Linkz himself already addressed all this, which is what I wanted.  But now, here are my own thoughts (written before seeing Linkz's): 

Looking at Linkz's post, he says there may be a third party but there is nothing with kills aside from regular mafia unless something happened to the other kill.  This is compatible with the PM we received in the case of: 

1.  Survivor (and Linkz was talking about killing roles from other sources; if so this would be strangely worded IMO)
2.  Survivor-vig (basically this would be an SK that can win with town; not an unlikely role IMO, though unlikely to be in this particular game)
3.  Two mafia factions (ditto on likelihood)

Also, it is entirely possible that TOS provided mafia with the town PM, given his earlier comments and the lack of the promised example in the OP.  So I think it's too early by far to call Rol confirmed anything. 

As for Rol's mario post about third parties:  that means nothing.  The fact that you are trying to make it something is ... well ... I'm not sure. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
I know you didn't. I was just making a south park reference. Now that I made my points on the filth, I'm going to go back and quote posts of the day that peaked my interest.

piqued

Thanks.

Two town reads and two scumspects?