By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

DarkThanatos said:

Hahaha well pointed out sir! 

You remind me of "The Wit" from Brandon Sanderson's Way of Kings. (That's a compliment in case you haven't read the book. In which case go read it now :P) 

Still, I'd like to think that the post you referenced was slightly more dramatic then my pragmatic "Could have been better" in this game. Probably because in this game i'm actually trying to find scum and so need to be on the ball. Rather then last game, where I was scum, and so the whole "woe is us" dramatics to distract from my actual scumminess... If that makes sense. 

I do not know this Wit character, but he sounds like a fellow I'd get along with! Perhaps another time...

And forgive my mischievousness... I agree it's not too consequential, but I do enjoy a good laugh from time to time. Until we meet again. *tips hat*

Around the Network
DarkThanatos said:
tabaha said:
As of now I suspect Rol, DT and spurge.
Rol because he voted for 9001 different players (including prof - was mafia's original plan to lynch prof?) and going back to pezus in the end after voting away of him. I know he explained why he did it, but if it was his plan?

DT because of what I said in the post before and because apparently he unvoted from pezus but didn't vote anyone nor no-lynch (according to the votals). I would like an explanation for this (I may have missed it).

For spurge because what happened didn't help my suspicion towards him

I have literally explain this like 3 times in depth now :P 

Just re-read the entirity of the last page ahah

What do you think of Linkz atm though? 

About Linkz? His "last minute" vote on pezus is something that I consider scummy. Pezus was already out without Linkz' vote, and it could be seen as a way to make sure Pezus was lynched in the case of someone changing the vote (as prof tried but it was too late). Was prof killed because he tried this?

spurgeonryan said:
Did yu read what I post about linkz tabaha? Not very scummy when he was already all but lynched and turned out town. Right?

welp looks like i can't into memory. But I don't understand the part i underlined. That or I'm disagreeing there. I think it's very scummy. Also, he's been silent for a while i think.

that's a way of looking at it. But why would he do it if he wasn't scum? Did he explained why he voted pezus? (can't remember, need to go back). And 3rd party trying to do that is scum in my eyes

RolStoppable said:
tabaha said:
that's a way of looking at it. But why would he do it if he wasn't scum? Did he explained why he voted pezus? (can't remember, need to go back). And 3rd party trying to do that is scum in my eyes

Let's do some meta-gaming. How probable is it that we have a serial killer in this game?

I think I'm not the right guy to be talking about meta-gaming

Around the Network

Just last round there was a SK, and Noc and I were a second scum faction or a third-party "SK-duo" depending on how you look at it.

It's too early to say definitively there's no third-party but it appears there isn't anything with immediate kills, unless there was a lucky block or doc.

spurgeonryan said:
man-bear-pig said:

I think your play is scummy. What do you think about that?

HoS spurge

Yeah. As scum I went head on with a vanilla townie to the death. Many did not base their decisions off what I said. They based it off how Pezus played and what we saw from the guy. Prof himself said he thnks I am right, but trusts himself. Rol would not trust me for a instant, but he saw how pezus was playing and went for it. I was just the first one to push him, everyone else thought the same thing about him.

This is WIFOM and pretty poor at that, since nobody even knew pezus was vanilla until very shortly before the deadline. Normally I'd think that's scummy, but here I'm just pointing it out to you because I'm fairly sure you are town now.

spurgeonryan said:
Also. Even though I have linkz on my trust list. Why would this guy vote for pezus at the last second? That is something scum does when things get out of hand faster than they would like and they do not want to look like they stayed off their guy so they do a quick vote out of panic. But Pezus is town and he was going down without linkz vote. Then linkz kept bringing up some random quote from me. Why I thought he was town when he did something tricky. It is like he is slowly changing his play style. Last game I think he was lynched for doing something illogical if I remember correctly. No he does something else strange at the end. Oh he was scum last game as well. I pointed this out before already.

What is the reason linkz? Reverse pychology? You had no reason to vote pezus at the end.

First, you were "my guy", not pezus. He didn't enter my radar until I was doing the isolation on him amidst trying to ask you something. I could have voted you and even with prof's unvote not counting, you would have been lynched if I wanted to. I shall prove that point today.

Do you not get why I thought you to be scum when you treated me as town from the start? That reminded me of your scum play from MLP, where you were giving me random compliments. However, when you provoked me to the point that I wanted to smash my head against a wall, that has townie written all over it. It distracted me from doing the re-read on pezus, but having re-read MLP during the night I do not regret my decision even though pezus was town. I did not feel great about him, and the whole "It is a tell, but I was joking about it being a strong tell" was enough for me to lean more scum than town. That vote was important because there was a lot of uncertainty in the air. DT could have tied things again so there wouldn't be a lynch, and prof is evidence of last second changes of mind. So a one-vote gap is no guarantee of a player being lynched.

And I get most of my information from how people go about lynches. Those that push them and those that evade them. Assuming I lived through the night, I was ready to come in blazing about prof's attempt to unvote and then his follow up post, which I believed was reverse psychology. As has been pointed out, DT looks very bad for his unvote of you while not voting pezus, or even no lynch or his apparent scumspect Nacho. I stressed last game how important it is to place meaningful votes, so that's not a mistake that should be let go easily. If I didn't have the town read on you I would question your alignment for basically pushing pezus all of yesterDay with no reasoning, but MBP did the same and I don't have such a read. Plus there's tabaha and Stefl who had voted you. So a lynch generated many leads, whereas no lynch would have only left many questions.

Also, I wasn't lynched for doing anything illogical, unless you mean that my actively asking people to join the zero lynch was illogical and led to prof scanning me,(though I'd say yoshi, who wasn't even connected to me, diverting your "hint" at my guilt was the spark for my scan) which is actually what got me lynched.

tabaha said:
As of now I suspect [...] DT because of what I said in the post before and because apparently he unvoted from pezus but didn't vote anyone nor no-lynch (according to the votals). I would like an explanation for this (I may have missed it).

FoS tabaha.  I mean honestly, DT expained this ten times already, it's pretty bad if anyone doesn't know his response by now.  If you think he's scum anyway that's fine, but we KNOW his reposnce.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

DarkThanatos said:
pezus said:

You didn't give me a chance...you left me to die. Your unvote ensured a lynch...keeping your vote would not have ensured it. I don't get what is so difficult about this.

You didn't irritate me, you just pulled a scummy move.

I know you explained it, but you left it open for people like spurge to hammer quite easily.

@Spurge. To be honest, I think this is a bit of a nothing response. But I will respond to each point so that the rest of the alive players can understand it 

You didn't give me a chance...you left me to die. Your unvote ensured a lynch...keeping your vote would not have ensured it

If i had left my vote on you, then you may very well have died. Someone could easily have unvoted Pezus, or scum could have voted you, and you would have died. I got a town read from your responses to Pezus  and your accusations at him- if now with hindsight, misplaced. I couldn't take the risk of you dying, when i thought you town. If anything, my mistake was not voting Nacho, but as it was a two horse race with less then an hour to go, it wouldn't have mattered. 

So I unvoted you. But I didn't vote Pezus so i could give him a chance to weasle out of it. Prof clearly saw this just after the night ended. If Linkz hadn't voted Pezus, Prof could have got it in early and saved him. 

Why didn't you vote No Lynch though? And I believe prof only unvoted due to my vote, so pezus would still be silently trying to eat our brains.

spurgeonryan said:
As a new player that would be a lot for you to take on as scum man bear. And since there is most likely no day talk for scum yu are not high on the list.

Why do you think there's most likely no daytalk for scum?