By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

pezus said:

I think what tabaha did is much better than you always saying you're 95% sure >_>. Don't you agree?

Well, I don't always say 95%. Sometimes I say 99%. :P

Although, I only say these things when I am very sure about something. Even if I am still wrong about them a lot of the time. lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I almost forgot about Prof. Him lurking means he is most likely scum. Yes, it is that easy.

HoS: Prof

Nintendo still doomed?

pezus said:

To be fair double lynches aren't allowed so this won't turn out as last game in that respect. I would like you to explain why spurge gets a "slight" town read from you. FF as well.

I agree with Linkz, MBP and Rol. Don't know about Tabaha, he seemed scummy last game when he wasn't. 

I realize double lynches are not allowed, but my point still stands.

Slight town read on FF because of his comment towards me. Usually he is in favor of short day ones so I said he would vote for time limit. He doesn't and says "In your face". I thought FF as scum would go along with his time limit vote since it wouldn't look suspicious at all and he wants a short day, but that is the opposite of what he did. I know this isn't too much evidence and I could still be wrong, which is why I said "slight" town read.

For Spurge, his play so far is similar to his town play in my opinion. He is usually harder to read as scum. Still very early in the game though, so this can change, which is why I also said "slight" town read for him.

Nintendo still doomed?

Oh well I'll either be voting supermario or Prof. I admit I don't know how to feel when I see mario HoSing Prof when I think they are scum mates

Game started yesterday, and I'm supposedly avoiding the thread.
Yesterday I was at a warhammer tournament from 9am to 9pm with only a few breaks, where I won third place, and can be verified by the scoresheet that comes out on their forum shortly.
Today I have errands to do, like laundry, cleaning my apartment, and painting some models.

To be more direct, why would I come under suspicion for not being heavily active when,
a) last game after I died, nobody listened to me (similar thing happened to mantle)
b) I literally JUST cast suspicion on people voting for a timelimit, saying "day 1 is important for town to get reads on players"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nachomamma8 said:

(...)

It's hard for me to gauge how good I am, but I think I'm a pretty good player. Being happy's mentor is a really difficult job that gives me nightmares sometimes, so I would prefer not to talk about it so much.

Okay, this means that I can trust you as a person. As for your alignment in this game, I am not going to pin you down as anything yet, because I am not overly confident in my abilities.

Hey, before I post a youtube video of why I cut myself and then killed myself, stop the bullying. So Rol, keep your trap in check.

He isn't really my mentor, I just used that word because we don't have IC's here, that's a MafiaScum term, and you guys didn't know what hydraing was. Nacho's my IC in most newbie games, and we're now playing hydra.

I would say that I'd like to vote for man-bear-pig, his spurgesce way of posting (and I asked him to stop that - to elaborate: spurgesce - to post in an unnecesary random way) and tenacious 'begging' that we should vote pezus is not contributional at all. His reasoning for the time-limit also sucks (hell even "because Rol told me to" would have been better than what he said is his reason for his vote). While the basic thought is right, a faster lynch doesn't mean more information, it just means less time to gather information previous to the lynch, anyway, he is a newb and this can be considered a newb mistake (also, he has our great day 1 we do not lynch newbs protection). So that route is probably not an option right now.

On the plus side I am glad that he at least answer questions.

I am uncomfortably agreeing with sm128 that lurking prof ≡ scum
Supermario, why do you have spurge on your "Slight" town reads list?

pezus said:
theprof00 said:
Yesterday I was at a warhammer tournament from 9am to 9pm with only a few breaks, where I won third place, and can be verified by the scoresheet that comes out on their forum shortly.
Today I have errands to do, like laundry, cleaning my apartment, and painting some models.

To be more direct, why would I come under suspicion for not being heavily active when,
a) last game after I died, nobody listened to me (similar thing happened to mantle)
b) I literally JUST cast suspicion on people voting for a timelimit, saying "day 1 is important for town to get reads on players"

What happened last time you were at some tournament/convention? Yes, it is that easy

Huh? What is what easy?

I don't know, I don't pay attention to what I am during what times. BUT, iirc, I was a third party in game of thrones, and you all forced me to claim because I posted too much, and then mafia killed me with a strongman, and not a single protective role tried to protect me (though it would've failed).

Well, to handle the other answers I was asking for, DarkT gave an okay answer, while I do think that in the last game scum had a pretty bad day 1, he as scum should've been happy about how it panned out in the end. I do not get why so many people do consider long days tedious as long as something is happening, anyway i am getting of track here.

Linkz answer was pretty much what I expected after what he added to his own time-limit vote (everybody should be able to at least check in before the time-limit should be issued or something like that). What sparked my interest is that he voted time-limit before everyone else checked in when he said that. I just think that if that is his opinion, why wouldn't he just vote time-limit later on, specially looking at the fact that he isn't one of the players that only drop in every now and then, but rather often.

theprof00 said:

If you wanted Day 1 to last longer because you were going to be at your thing, you should have spelled that out.  You might have gotten people to hold off on the time limit. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!