By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 Sign-up thread

pezus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@prof: Can you update to OP, so people know I'm hosting and the Halloween theme? Thanks!

Done.

So, we have about 5-6 people taking a break.

Wall spamming time?

Spam rol's wall and say you're sorry 

Edit: looks like he's already here

He knows I want him to play. I was so happy when I got paired with Rol I started talking in character lol.

Just because the game turned out badly doesn't mean I blame him. There's nothing wrong with being new to the game. He wouldn't expect me to be able to keep up with him in MKWii, after all.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

:D I wait on pins and needles for the next time you play.

HEY, Listen! Maybe you'd like to host a round sometime? I know you think the play is 'too little reward for too much effort', but hosting is easy, and you can have someone co-mod with you.

Sitting on the sideline and watching the game not moving at all would be more painful than playing in a game that has come to a halt. Besides, I have my NFL prediction league which is enough work to handle. I had to ban a quarter of the league this week, because people didn't know how to behave in the thread.

I am actually considering to sign up for this game, because Noctis isn't pseudo-playing. Also because it looks to be a small game, so in case I am unfortunate enough to roll scum, I won't have to worry about another group of scum all the time. Not that it would help a lot (because I am terrible as scum), but it would be at least something.

How reliable are the people who have signed up so far? Do they participate or just lurk for the most part?

1. Linkzmax-active
2. Stefl1504-somewhat active, usually an easy read
3. Yoshiya-active (pretty good player, he reminds me of a mini-linkz
4. MBP-probably goig to be active and not understanding the rules
5. tabaha-wasn't active last game as vanilla town, says he hopes to be more active this time
6. Final-Fan- somewhat active, usually 10-15 posts per day unless he gets in an argument
7. pezus- active
8. DarkThanatos- active
9. Smeags-somewhat active, tends to roleplay
10. spryguy- active
11. Nachomamma8- new player, he's from mafiascum supposedly he's happyD's tutor, so probably a strong-ish player
13. prof00-lurker

12 so far.

It's actually a pretty good list because while linkz and myself are generally the most active and the thread dies once we're dead, there are enough active players to keep it going with darkT, yoshi, spurge, nacho, and maybe ff.

But yeah, hosting is easy too. You just come in every once in a while and count up votes, or have a co-mod help you out with modding duties. Then you just prepare flavor for kills and lynches, and pm people for their roles.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Wow! you guys suck that's all. Egotistic jerks. And here I thought I am going to say good luck to you guys.
My opinion is still stands you guys only play good when you are mafia. I saw that on Game of thrones round.

Don't worry I already decided ages ago that I need a break.

Well, we saw you were unwell in you QT but remember that you have played the past 2 games really bad, and it gets ridiculous at times when you don't participate for days.

We are still cool with you outiside mafia, just take a nice break like you were intending to, and come back when you have time. I will be doing the same.

TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
I'm not playing this round.
If needed, I can host.

You can co-host if you wanna.

I do not like co-hosting. I'm selfish like that. While I'm at it I'm also the jealous type.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

:D I wait on pins and needles for the next time you play.

HEY, Listen! Maybe you'd like to host a round sometime? I know you think the play is 'too little reward for too much effort', but hosting is easy, and you can have someone co-mod with you.

Sitting on the sideline and watching the game not moving at all would be more painful than playing in a game that has come to a halt. Besides, I have my NFL prediction league which is enough work to handle. I had to ban a quarter of the league this week, because people didn't know how to behave in the thread.

I am actually considering to sign up for this game, because Noctis isn't pseudo-playing. Also because it looks to be a small game, so in case I am unfortunate enough to roll scum, I won't have to worry about another group of scum all the time. Not that it would help a lot (because I am terrible as scum), but it would be at least something.

How reliable are the people who have signed up so far? Do they participate or just lurk for the most part?

1. Linkzmax - participates
2. Stefl1504 - lurks when scum
3. Yoshiya - lurks when scum ;o
4. MBP - no idea, could go either way
5. tabaha - lurked last game but he had the excuse of being new and jumping into a big game that had already started
6. Final-Fan - lurks when scum
7. pezus - participates but has never been scum so we don't know yet!
8. DarkThanatos - participates
9. Smeags - participates, but not enough for my taste (he's busy)
10. spryguy - participates and gets modkilled a lot
11. Nachomamma8 - no idea
13. prof00 - participates (generally)

While Linkz is generally an active player, he's one of the easiest people to pin as scum when he's scum. He doesn't know it but he makes the same mistake everytime he's scum.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Also. I said two rounds ago Noctis should not be allowed to play. I swear you guys are always like 5-6 steps behind me every time you 'pick' up on something.

He's easily one of the most detrimental players to the game of mafia.

hatmoza said:
Also. I said two rounds ago Noctis should not be allowed to play. I swear you guys are always like 5-6 steps behind me every time you 'pick' up on something.

Thank you! hatz much appreciated.

I know you love me.

Linkzmax said:
@nen, but an Innocent Child affects balance, whereas a Tree Stump from the start is just an observer that is allowed to comment.

Even if he deserves it, this is just too one sided and starting to i'm feel sorry for the guy.

Trucks is a capable mod and can maintaine the balance easily.

Also:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Suicidal

At least this way he can play normally......even if its for one day

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

hatmoza said:

Are we 5 steps behind, or are you too quick to reach conclusions?

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
hatmoza said:

Are we 5 steps behind, or are you too quick to reach conclusions?

In the Noctis case, you guys are definitely several steps behind hatmoza. Like I said before, I am considering to sign up for this one, because Noctis won't "play".

I don't know if this will help you reach a decision but flavor hunting won't be an viable option with the setup I'm thinking of.

Signature goes here!