By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Damn religion tease strikes again

Kasz216 said:
Eh... didn't something happen with one of the Resistance games involving a Christian Cathedral?

I (think) I remember a Church being in a Pokemon game being a huge thing... stuff like this gets blown out of proportion.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
Kasz216 said:
Eh... didn't something happen with one of the Resistance games involving a Christian Cathedral?

I (think) I remember a Church being in a Pokemon game being a huge thing... stuff like this gets blown out of proportion.

I think its because it was called "Foreign building" lol

Lol, was it seriously? I can't remember. Wasn't it in Heart(something) Town?

what I don't get is the need to insult religions at all! we Muslims have respect to gods words so we do not bring the Koran in to the toilet unlike Christians who bring the bible in with them to the toilet like it was some sort of newspaper. these books are holy books and they should be treated with respect. no word of god should be in the toilet or nasty places.

what sort of effect does gods words from the Koran add to a game if it is in the toilet? why the need to have it there?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

BasilZero said:

Yep in Hearthome City in Diamond/Pearl but not sure if they took it out in Platinum (I'll be playing it in the future). 

Though it didnt serve any purpose nor did it have any music from what I remember when I played my Diamond version. 

Not sure why people would get upset over the fact it had a church in the game lol, people are just silly in this world ;p

That's what I was getting at. xD

I think a better solution would be to add an option for (Muslim) gamers to block the map from matchmaking, as only they are offended by the map's content. There shouldn't be a need to go any further than that.

Around the Network
Roma said:
what I don't get is the need to insult religions at all! we Muslims have respect to gods words so we do not bring the Koran in to the toilet unlike Christians who bring the bible in with them to the toilet like it was some sort of newspaper. these books are holy books and they should be treated with respect. no word of god should be in the toilet or nasty places.

what sort of effect does gods words from the Koran add to a game if it is in the toilet? why the need to have it there?

I wouldn't say this quotation was made with the intention to offend people. Activision was probably surprised when the complaints started rolling in.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Roma said:

I wouldn't say this quotation was made with the intention to offend people. Activision was probably surprised when the complaints started rolling in.

they don't live under a rock now do they? how can they not know that something holy would not insult people? I'm sure they weren't surprised at all tbh!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

they don't live under a rock now do they? how can they not know that something holy would not insult people? I'm sure they weren't surprised at all tbh!

Why would they purposely try to offend millions of their audience?

Roma said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Roma said:

so you are just outright assuming the devs wanted to "shit" on islam huh? now you sound paranoid

the quran quote was in arabic on the frame of a painting which somebody happened to place in the toilet, lookey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6JIUn9bDU&hd=1