By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "no one is playing games on Wii" - Mike Goodman. "ROFFLE!!!" - My response

Wii needs WoW. Like a hole in the head.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Seriously, the usage cycles of the Wii that we're describing right here sound like the absolutely most healthy purchasing cycle I can imagine for games, and yet somehow we're criticizing it.

These people aren't playing the Wii constantly! We cry. Real games inspire people to play them all the time, with no long breaks between games!

Please, stop with this nonsense. Not only is it completely normal to play games for a while, then stop, then play new ones later, but I'd argue that it's a much healthier approach to gaming. I say that as long time TFC/UT/WoW addict, and I fully include myself in the "unhealthy" category when it comes to gaming.

Hey, bod, how's it being bodhesatva again?

They are clueless and scared to death. They think the kind of video games they like will go away because of this. Ignore the fools and watch with joy as the Wii becomes the best selling home console ever.

I use my Wiis just to store the Wii games I bought.... I bought 7 games so I bought 7 Wii and store a game in each [i sold the extra Wii sports copies]

Oh and clearly my 1000 hours of Wii thread wasn't read by this person.

i only have a wii when i need to go the toilet. i dont play with my wii though, that's disgusting.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
i only have a wii when i need to go the toilet. i dont play with my wii though, that's disgusting.

that doesn't work as well as when you say it.. because when you spell it 'wii' it ruins the possibility of a double meaning :P

These are the Wii games I'm looking forward to playing:

Wii Games

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

Bleach: Shattered Blade

Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: The Labyrinth of Lost Time

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Excite Truck

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

Link’s Crossbow Training

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Mario Kart Wii

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

MLB Power Pros

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution

No More Heroes

Okami

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Red Steel

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Rygar: The Battle of Argus

Samurai Warriors: Katana

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Trauma Center: New Blood

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Wii Fit

Wii Music Orchestra

Wii Play

By the look of that list, the Wii has some excellent titles that I want to play and this list will keep my Wii running for a couple of months on out.

tabsina said:
DOATS1 said:

that doesn't work as well as when you say it.. because when you spell it 'wii' it ruins the possibility of a double meaning :P

yea um, ok.

Is this the white box thingy under my TV that everyone's talking about? You telling me that it plays video games?
How come nobody ever told me? All these times, I thought I bought an expensive and broken DVD player!
I nearly threw it out but kept it for the pretty blue light.

Does it play PS2 games?

Wii? You mean that gadget that displays a Weather/News Channel? Can it play games?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."