By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends delayed to Q1 2013 worldwide

Barozi said:

They already made an internal trailer that proves that they were working on different platforms and that WiiU gets "exclusive" features.
This is not necessarily proof that it will be multiplat down the road, but they already created levels that work without a tablet.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/27/ubisoft-rayman-legends-video-is-real-but-is-a-purely-internal/

Wii U exclusive features can mean different things not necessarily other platformers.  These features are exclusive to Wii U, regardless of the existence of other platformers, to make a point they're only possible on Wii U on the video.

Look at any video of the game, there's hardly a moment without touch/gyro controls, including the famous E3 rhythm run. The "large chunk of gameplay is touch bases" part is actually a quote from the dev on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYlEgwLNipI

This quote say it best. Half the experience:

“We don’t want to have the player dependent on other technology that they have to purchase to make sure they can play the full experience. Here you buy the Wii U system, you buy the game, and you can experience all of the content without extras. And we didn’t want to give somebody half of the experience just for the sake of getting it out on another console. We want the player to get everything that we have to offer them from this game.”

Anyway, who cares. I'm acting like a protector of a game that I really have 0 interest.

Like I said, excluding the NFC part, which until proved differently, is just a gimmick, Vita can handle this his game pretty well.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Well the way it's looking with pre-orders and ebay opportunists I won't get my hands on a WiiU until next year anyway. By the time I'm done with mario and zombie it will be out.
Better then staring at the Zelda TP box for 3 months before I could finally find a Wii to play it on :/

Omg, I did the exact same thing! TP will forever be remembered for me as the only game I bought before having the console to play it on. 

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Ubisoft wants to avoid competition with NSMBU.

But personally Rayman looks a lot better than any 2D Mario game released recently.

By the way , the support Ubisoft is giving Wii U is amazing. Zumbi U and Assassin's Creed 3 are the best reason for me to get the console at launch.