By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you find it strange that Wii U will release before we've even seen PS4/720?

Do you find it strange that Wii U will release before we've even seen PS4/720?

Yes. 68 40.96%

No. 98 59.04%

Total:166

Absolutely no way Wii U "goes the way of the dreamcast."

You've got a 2D Mario title, Wii Fit, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Call of Duty, Just Dance... and these are only the games that have been announced so far, before the console has even launched. You've also got a console coming off a predecessor that sold 100 million units, unlike DC which was coming off the dismal performing Saturn, from a company that was far worse off financially, had terrible marketing skills, and nowhere near the killer apps that Nintendo had and still has. You've also got completely different trends in the market. Whereas Sony in 2000 was on top of its game, now they are faltering with the PS3 which has performed far worse than expected, and the financial blunder known as the Vita.

In other words, nothing whatsoever to back this claim.

Around the Network

You know the Dreamcast was on track to take second last generation, and the reason it flopped had absolutely nothing to do with releasing early and everything to do with Sega being horrible at coordinating their releases, right? Sega ruined themselves, and the Dreamcast was the best hardware decision they'd made in eight years. Only reason it didn't survive was BECAUSE it was the best hardware decision they'd made in eight years - eight years worth of bad decisions will tend to run a company under.

However, I do agree that it is weird that we haven't seen anything from M$ or Sony yet. It says nothing against Nintendo - they're doing exactly what they should. I find it to be terrible business practice of M$ & Sony, though, to allow their competitor to freely gain a foothold in the next generation without so much as breathing any word of distraction about their own product. I feel like they could easily pull attention away from WiiU with SOME word of their next gen, but I guess both companies are still too frantically trying to make money off of this generation, competing against each other, to risk cannibalizing their own sales.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Probably Sony and MS saw the WiiU laughed and decided to stick around one more year or two with their current hardware.

I think the new masterplan will be to NOT compete with Nintendo anymore.

WiiU releases, 3 years later PS4/Nextbox, 3 years later WiiU 2 etc.

That way, no direct competition in "one" gen.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

You could be right. Sony said they plan to support PS3 till at least 2015.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
Faxanadu said:

LOL.

The two of you are so cute.

Galvanizer said:
Faxanadu said:

I could've sworn that Microsoft were the ones that said that about Xbox and Sony just stuck with their 10 year plan(ending 2016)

enditall727 said:
Galvanizer said:
Faxanadu said:

I could've sworn that Microsoft were the ones that said that about Xbox and Sony just stuck with their 10 year plan(ending 2016)

Sony said it as recently around 2 weeks ago. Here's the article:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ps3-support-to-continue-through-at-least-2015-6396885

Galvanizer said:
enditall727 said:
Galvanizer said:
Faxanadu said:

Sony said it as recently around 2 weeks ago. Here's the article:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ps3-support-to-continue-through-at-least-2015-6396885

I dont know why these Idiots known as Sony(although my fav company) are saying 2015 when they always did the 10 year strategy. 

but then again, maybe Koller just messed up by ending it in the 9th year instead of the 10th and it did say "atleast" so i guess it doesn't really matter..

Is the 10 year plan when sony want to move on or do they plan to release ps4 before that? I am sure they can make good with their promise of supporting it that long but are nintendo and microsoft forcing them to launch earlier then they want to?

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D