By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Upgrading ps3 slim harddrive/transferring all data to new drive??? HELPPPP D:

chris212223 said:
adriane23 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Thanks man. Surprisingly I figured it all out by myself using basic logic. It was a lot easier than I thought. 

And lucky for me Seagate now makes a 2.5 SATA 1 tb HDD, which is crazy!!! I thought the max was only 500 gb.

Glad to hear it. I got a 1 tb HDD earlier this year, and I'm already under 500gb of free space lol.

What type of HDD is it if you dont mind me asking. I to am looking to upgrade my HDD (PS Plus just keeps giving too many things i like playing for free! lol).

Yeah PS+ has been way too good to me this year. I got a Western Digital from Best Buy. I think it was around $100 give or take $15.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
VXIII said:
ethomaz said:

You need an USB External HDD drive to backup your data.

1. Plug the External HDD in the PS3.
2. Choose Settings > System Settings > Backup Utility > Back Up.
3. Wait.
4. Change the PS3 HDD.
4. Plug the External HDD again in the PS3.
5. Choose Settings > System Settings > Backup Utility > Restore.
5. Wait.

That's all.

Out of curiosity, would the protected save files transfer too ?

If you use the Back Up tool yes.

chris212223 said:
adriane23 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Thanks man. Surprisingly I figured it all out by myself using basic logic. It was a lot easier than I thought. 

And lucky for me Seagate now makes a 2.5 SATA 1 tb HDD, which is crazy!!! I thought the max was only 500 gb.

Glad to hear it. I got a 1 tb HDD earlier this year, and I'm already under 500gb of free space lol.

What type of HDD is it if you dont mind me asking. I to am looking to upgrade my HDD (PS Plus just keeps giving too many things i like playing for free! lol).

I got this one http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-2-5-Inch-Internal-STBD1000100/dp/B007PG25UU

Works amazing!! :)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
I got this one http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-2-5-Inch-Internal-STBD1000100/dp/B007PG25UU

Works amazing!! :)

I have the Seagete Momentus XT 500GB... I agree it works amazing.