By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - gotta love these game analysts

billy pidgeon at IDC: 

"I'd like to see Wii hardware shipping in larger quantities or mass market consumers may cool on it. Having said that, I don't believe supply will meet demand for the Wii until 2009," Pidgeon told Home Media Magazine.

Around the Network

Its funny how analyists went from "The wii will sell 20-25m units in its lifetime" to "oh, it's gonna keep selling out for another 2 years".

They should pick a side and stay on it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

Its funny how analyists went from "The wii will sell 20-25m units in its lifetime" to "oh, it's gonna keep selling out for another 2 years".

What's wrong with that?  They were making predictions based on Pre-E3 intel, assuming it'll have similar sales to that of the GC, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.  After they initial launch happened and demand is still insanely high, they've changed their "forecast" or predictions.  It's just like any business who has stronger than normal sales changing their predictions for the quarter/year, whichever, but analysts are changing their tune now.

Should Nintendo stop announcing they've increased their projected forecasts for sales because they're jumping back and forth?  *rolls eyes* 

mrstickball said:

What's wrong with that?  They were making predictions based on Pre-E3 intel, assuming it'll have similar sales to that of the GC, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.  After they initial launch happened and demand is still insanely high, they've changed their "forecast" or predictions.  It's just like any business who has stronger than normal sales changing their predictions for the quarter/year, whichever, but analysts are changing their tune now.

Should Nintendo stop announcing they've increased their projected forecasts for sales because they're jumping back and forth?  *rolls eyes*